Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy What did I just drink!?

Hi everyone, I'm really concerned about something I had in my juice today.

Was eating dinner and I poured some fruit juice in a cup. This cup has already had some juice in it and was stored in our fridge, so I just filled it up the rest of the way.

I'm 1/2 through eating and I noticed something...floating int the cup. At first I thought it was just food but upon closer inspection it didn't look like it. It was clear and jelly like. I felt grossed out and poured out the drink. The drink itself tasted completely normal, however.

I don't know at all what that was, but it didn't look good. Could something have formed in the leftover juice in the cup? About two days ago our fridge door didn't shut completely and was left partially left open for about an hour or two. Everything inside the fridge was still cold inside, so I thought nothing of the juice. Worst case scenario is that this was some type of mold that had grown in the cup that I didn't notice, however I though mold was typically green and fuzzy. I can't find any info online about what it could be...

I'm scared that whatever it was will make me sick! Although I didn't actally drink the the substance itself, I drank the juice that it was floating in, so it would probably have the same effect. Has anyone ever seen anything like this in juice or something before? Is it as bad as I think it is? Please help!
    Last edited by dannisnow; 07-15-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Default Re: What did I just drink!?

I’ve seen this happen with juice a lot - it means it’s a little bit old but don’t worry! It won’t affect you at all. I’ve accidentally drunk juice like this heaps and I’ve been fine. How are you doing now?