Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Worried about d*

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had some good knowledge or experience with this kind of thing. So I caught something and yesterday I had stomach cramps. Except I haven't felt N and yesterday I had an appetite and was able to eat fine. Today it turned into D, which I've had since this morning but has eased up. Still no N, however today I've hardly eaten for fear of V. From my experience once your symptoms become D only you tend not to V, but I'm still really scared. I'm hungry, but so afraid to eat anything in case it upsets my stomach. Do you think I will be safe if I eat or should I fast until tomorrow? I'm keeping hydrated with water, don't worry.

Default Re: Worried about d*

Quote Originally Posted by SophieRCJ View Post
    Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had some good knowledge or experience with this kind of thing. So I caught something and yesterday I had stomach cramps. Except I haven't felt N and yesterday I had an appetite and was able to eat fine. Today it turned into D, which I've had since this morning but has eased up. Still no N, however today I've hardly eaten for fear of V. From my experience once your symptoms become D only you tend not to V, but I'm still really scared. I'm hungry, but so afraid to eat anything in case it upsets my stomach. Do you think I will be safe if I eat or should I fast until tomorrow? I'm keeping hydrated with water, don't worry.
    Ahh you'll be fine! I'm the same though, one little out of place feeling and I'm off the food for days and lose a few pounds. If you're hungry, this is a great sign, your body is saying EAT haha. I'd stick to bread if you're a little scared about the wilderness of heavy foods
    how are you now?
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Thanks for the reassurance!! I’m feeling ok ... thought I was starting to get better but then about an hour ago I had another bout of explosive d*. Hoping that I don’t have any more, I’ve had this thing for over 2 days now. The one reason I’m worried is because I have this awful memory of having gastro and then thought I was better the next morning, feeling extremely hungry, so I ate, but my body lied to me and I v’d it all up again hoping that won’t happen ...

This is such a weird one, I’ve never had an illness where it’s just d* before. Makes me worried it’ll turn into more :/
    Last edited by SophieRCJ; 07-19-2018 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Adding more content

Update: it’s 8am and I’ve had it again though not as bad this time. I’m also starving so I’m going to brave eating a bit of breakfast. Wish me luck. Anyone think it’s still possible I could v*? Or am I in the clear

Quote Originally Posted by SophieRCJ View Post
    Update: it’s 8am and I’ve had it again though not as bad this time. I’m also starving so I’m going to brave eating a bit of breakfast. Wish me luck. Anyone think it’s still possible I could v*? Or am I in the clear
    In hindsight, eating will probably make you better as it will give you energy to fight off the virus. at Christmas I had something similar to what you're describing except the urge to v* was definitely there and after 3 days, I was hungry but had a BAAAD water d* episode and I panicked as it seemed to be very harsh but I remember feeling better that afternoon.

Could this be food poisoning?
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is that earlier this week I went to the bathroom in a public bathroom at a gas station and it was pretty filthy, but I was desperate!! Anyway, whatever it is, I’ve not felt sick at all. I’ll stick to the BRAT diet today and see how I go.

Update 2: so I managed to eat a banana and a Tim Tam (for you guys in the US it’s like a chocolate biscuit thing). I’m doing ok, felt a tiny teeny bit ill but I think it was from hunger and anxiety because it’s not constant. I’m still not too good though, the d* persisting and I’m super worried I won’t even be better by tomorrow also still worried I’ll v* even though rationally it seems so unlikely. I mean, I’ve had d* for like 2+ days now with not much appetite loss and no n* so it’s not likely right? Right?
    Last edited by SophieRCJ; 07-20-2018 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Editing for clarity

Sorry for late response - are you in the UK? Just wondering as you posted this yesterday morning so hopefully you will have felt better now.
    If it's a bug you've had, the Tim tam was probably a little harsh on your gut... Go to the doc if it persists ... Or eat white bread, this will stiff things up . Hope you're ok