Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb What are your strategies for anxiety induced N*

Just wanted to know what everyone does. For me, I have to get REALLY distracted not just surface distracted. Some of the best things I've found are using DuoLingo (I'm learning French), playing Monument Valley, and doing something with my hands, like making jewellery. The other thing that really seems to work for some reason, if I'm at home and have time, is doing beauty stuff like painting my nails, practising makeup or hairstyles or doing a face routine (washing, face mask, moisturising).

Default Re: What are your strategies for anxiety induced N*

I always grab an ice pack. But it has to be freezing to the point where it’s almost uncomfortable. I’ll put that right on my neck or chest. Focusing on the discomfort of the cold always helps me almost immediately. It’s really strange but it works every time! I also play a game called “Wordscapes” it’s a puzzle/crossword type game and I get so into solving the puzzles I’ll forget I’m anxious

The ice sounds like an interesting strategy, I’ll try it next time I get anxiety. And yeah exactly! With the word game it’s the same idea to just get super involved to the point where you forget about it.

Stomach currently feeling weird :/ Im testing myself to just not focus on it, might write some music....
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

I just attended a conference and one of the workshops was about self care. I learned of a technique called tapping. Look it up, I tried it and could see where it could work well.

Quote Originally Posted by kbscared View Post

^^^this was interesting...I wonder if it'd work during a real n* attack though..the thought of doing all this would stress me out more haha...I briefly tried it even though I feel good atm... thanks for the share
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

I had a full blown panic attack and scared to *V this past Saturday (sun 3 a.m.) and I tried it and it worked fairly well. Good luck to you and anyone who tries it!