Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New here - struggling with my kids being v*

Hi there. So I have always struggled with v*. I don't like it happening to me but my big fear is others doing it on front of me. I have 3 young daughters, and today the youngest (2) v*. Then not long ago my middle one (4) v in bed. I'm now terrified of it happening to my eldest daughter (6) or that the others will v again. I feel so scared, shakey, and don't know what to do. I can't sleep (I'm in UK time zone). Can anyone offer me some help or reassurance? I feel like such a bad mummy

Default Re: New here - struggling with my kids being v*

Hi sweet, i am so sorry this fear is robbing you of the bliss of being a parent. Ive been there and the associated guilt is awful. We've four kiddos aged between 9 and 18 and it is a tough road. I came here a lot a few years ago when the kids were younger and this site was a godsend. One of the quotes that helped me then (because I was stuck being an emet parent whether I liked it or not) was 'This too, shall pass'. Yes, its utterly terrifying going through this hellish stuff but try to hold on to that thought and spend time on here, doing what you can to lend support to others on this board as they struggle, because it binds you together and you will be able to cope a little better when you know there are real people out there who know you, feel your fear and have you in their thoughts. Otherwise, it does pass. Kids immune systems get better and better as they age by eight, are really good. Also, rotavirus (which kids only get once) is likely to have finished with your kiddos as typically older siblings bring it home from daycare or school. I can say that a little research into preventative hygiene during and after someone in the households illness goes a long way to keeping everyone else from contracting it. I don't come on here much these days because I am doing okay and don't want to push it, but I hope everyone is doing okay now, you're in my thoughts. Xx

Hey mamafear, I posted this message a while back and haven’t really been on since, but as I was going through my mailbox I saw your response and I just wanted to reply to say thank you so much - your words have helped me greatly and have given me reassurance. I really appreciate it and hope that u are doing good xx

Hey mama I know how you feel I'm petrified of the day my son is poorly where he vs I'm petrified of vomiting my self nothing scares me more the nausea is the worst