Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Week 3 of Morning Sickness

So I am only in week 7 of my pregnancy, but already 3 weeks of morning sickness. That being said I think I have been partially successful in my anxieties so far.

1. I haves still been eating every day, multiple times a day. I have a history of anorexia from my emetophobia, and I have been working really hard to not end up in one of those downward spirals.

2. I spoke up to my doctor, about a week ago it got so bad that eating felt like force-feeding myself. That is a danger zone for me, so the doctor put me on diceglis for the morning sickness (a pregnancy safe anti-nausea medication). While I am still nauseous all the time, it is WAYYY better.

3. Since going on the medication for the nausea my anxiety has been far lower. I haven't had to take any ativan (which is not IDEAL for being pregnant).

I am hoping I continue to feel semi-functional, and as an aside, i am hoping that going through this will help me be a little less anxious around nausea and vomiting.

Default Re: Week 3 of Morning Sickness

77% of emets have vomit-free pregnancies. The odds are in your favor.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Week 3 of Morning Sickness

Sounds like you are doing well! Hang in there...you've got a little more to go and soon you will be feeling much better! And yes, meds are a godsend sometimes!!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6