Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: scaring myself

so i know all of you read my post about john dying. thanks again. but i
    am really scaring myself. this whole thing made me think that life is
    waaaaaaaaay too short. i could be gone tomorow. my boyfreind could be
    gone tonight. i dont know. no one knows. so what ive been thinking is
    to do what iw ant to do now. i want a baby. i dont want to go through
    life without experiencing children. what if i died next week? i know
    that i wont actually go through with trying to get preggo, but i want
    to. jack wont. which is good. ugh i hate life haha
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

I felt the same thing a few years ago when I lost someone who was close to me- the thing is, life is way too short for what you want to accomplish, whether you die young or old. Even 100 year olds who are on their deathbeds can still think of things they regretted not doing, or wish they still had more time.

This is part of the reason why I am hell bent to get over this phobia as opposed to just living with it, or organizing my life around it- All the time I spend worrying about someone being sick, or avoiding certain situations because of it could be spent so much more productively! Losing someone was definitely an eye-opener to start living my life to the fullest, and not wasting time on things that are not worth my time

As for having a baby- it's great that you realize you want to experience children, but rushing into it because you fear you may not be able to in the future can definitely be problematic. You are so young- and I know that you may feel a sense of urgency because of what happened to your friend (read the article by the way- he sounded like a wonderful person)- but you don't have to rush this. Imagine how great it's going to be when you and your boyfriend are ready Although instances like this can make it seem like you have to rush to get things done, just in case, you don't want to rush into something that you may not be ready for.

It's going to be weird for the next couple of weeks....you're going to have to hang in there Once again, I am so sorry about your friend, and for his family. If only life were fair......

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah I realized the same thing about a week ago that I want to have children. I don't have a boyfriend cause I'm a lesbian, but I have many GUY friends who would be more then happy to sleep with me if I wanted to. I mean my parents keep telling me NOT to have kids, and that I won't like kids, and that I won't do well with kids. SCREW THEM!! I'm going to have a baby one day, but today is not the day. It's true, life is short but like Crimgoddess said, don't rush into it. Have faith that you still have enough time.

I have a friend who is always telling me that I could die today, tomorrow, or the next day. I always tell him that he's wrong, that I'm going to live a very long time. He says that there could be a gas leak in my apartment and an explosion, he tells me I could get hit by a bus, he tells me I could get shot. All of those things are true and they COULD happen, but they aren't going to. I have faith in that, and you just need to have faith that you are going to live a long and happy life. Life isn't fair and I know you are hurting about your friend. But you will live a long and happy life.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!