Hi!

I'm aware that you haven't posted since this thread started, but I couldn't just read and run.

From what I read, I agree with Doug. I think you do have emetophobia. Ditto his recommendation on reading the FAQ.

My parents are similar to yours in that they believe that needing to see a doctor is bad, in my case especially if it's relating to mental health.

To answer your question about being diagnosed without parent permission, i'd need to know where in the world you live. I'm in England, and the law here says that as soon as you turn 16, parents no longer have to be involved in their child's medical care. So if you're UK based, I'd say yes - you can be diagnosed without parents being there. I'm not sure what it's like I'm other countries though so I'm sorry if that wasn't helpful :/

It's sounds like you're having a rough time with your anxiety. I can relate, I'm a year older than you and I find that having this phobia when you're this young is kinda soul-sucking. I do the garbage can thing as well. Like, I struggle with having a bin in my room because it sets off my anxiety. And I feel the same physically too. It's so draining.

Anyway, I think you have done well with putting a name to your anxiety issues and even without a diagnosis, your emetophobia is still legit.

We're here for you on the forum and if you ever want to talk just dm me