Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Freaking Out!!!

Default Freaking Out!!!

Iím in a really rough spot here. Two coworkers who sit close to me have had flu this week. Iím freaking out that Iím going to get it. I canít calm myself down. I know itís probably in my head and that Iíll be fine, but I canít relax. I wish there was something I could do, I feel defeated.

Default Re: Freaking Out!!!

Oh no, I'm sorry about that... I'm sure you'll be fine, though. Just make sure you keep your hands washed :P

Maybe you could try abdominal breathing techniques to calm yourself down. Breathing slowly really relaxes the body (I do it a lot and it's very calming). To get the thoughts out of your mind, you could try singing or listening to music. Hope this helps a little

Default Re: Freaking Out!!!

Hey so, just as an FYI the FLU does not typically cause nausea or vomiting in adults. I haven't had the flu in years, but last time I had it I had no nausea or vomiting, just was tired as all get out (I was so tired that I had to get up to pee every hour because even though my bladder only had a few drops of fluid in it my muscles were so weak I felt like I would pee myself if I didn't go every hour), had a BAD sore throat the first couple days, a bit of a cough and at one point had fever/chills.

Honestly, as far as illnesses go it was not all that bad, I just slept, a lot. I also made sure to drink plenty of water, usually every hour when I got up to pee.