Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I v*d today and I feel just fine!

Hi everyone! I have had emetophobia for pretty much as long as I can remember and the last time I v*d was in 6th grade. I am now 20 and living in my own apartment. I have been here 2 days and my worst fear happened. I v*d. But aside from the shakes and the shocked stomach I feel just fine. I used techniques I have learned over the years like various breathing techniques to keep myself from panicking. It wasn't pleasant but I feel so much better. I am also super happy because I feel like I don't have to fear v* as much as I used to.

Default Re: I v*d today and I feel just fine!

Wow, that’s amazing!

Congratulations, lovely. I hope you are feeling cured and will stay that way.

Keep in mind the breathing techniques might have brought on your vomiting. The way to keep from vomiting is to breathe very shallowly, because your body needs at least one deep breath to set off vomiting.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow this gives me a lot of hope! Thanks for sharing!

I did take shallow breaths but it got to the point where I felt like i wasn't getting enough air ;_;