Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Drank too much last night and freaking out

I definitely had too much to drink last night. I've had hangovers before, but never like this. I am used to a headache and some d* and I have always managed it, but I have been n* as anything since I woke up 3 hours ago. I have been sipping ginger ale and eating pretzels for hours and it's not going away. Whenever I make a sudden movement - either stand from sitting or sit from lying down - I get so n* I can barely stand it. I took a shower and tried to shake it off, but I can't. For the last 2 hours, I have these sudden intense waves of n* where I know a non-emet would definitely v*. My stomach lurches and a few times I have even 100% expected it to happen because I am gagging, but I don't actually v*. These waves last approx 30 seconds to 1 minute and then it's back to the normal n* and headache until the next episode. Please. PLEASE. I am flipping out. I can't do this. Someone tell me this is going to end soon or I'm going to flip out. The anxiety on top of everything else is horrible.

Default Re: Drank too much last night and freaking out

Learn not to drink, Courtney. I hope you are better by now. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by courtneymk View Post
    I definitely had too much to drink last night. I've had hangovers before, but never like this. I am used to a headache and some d* and I have always managed it, but I have been n* as anything since I woke up 3 hours ago. I have been sipping ginger ale and eating pretzels for hours and it's not going away. Whenever I make a sudden movement - either stand from sitting or sit from lying down - I get so n* I can barely stand it. I took a shower and tried to shake it off, but I can't. For the last 2 hours, I have these sudden intense waves of n* where I know a non-emet would definitely v*. My stomach lurches and a few times I have even 100% expected it to happen because I am gagging, but I don't actually v*. These waves last approx 30 seconds to 1 minute and then it's back to the normal n* and headache until the next episode. Please. PLEASE. I am flipping out. I can't do this. Someone tell me this is going to end soon or I'm going to flip out. The anxiety on top of everything else is horrible.

how are ya?
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Thats why I have never drank. There is too much chance of v especially if its too much. Hope you got through it. And know your limits so it never happens again. I cant drink 1 without feeling n