Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Starting CBT

Default Starting CBT

Hi all,

On the advice of my doctor I'm going to be starting CBT very soon. Basically I came down with gastritis about two weeks ago and have been in constant pain. On meds for a week now to reduce stomach acid but apparently it's going to take a bit until it starts to feel better. GP thinks stress is a huge contributing factor to this and that working on my emetophobia and general anxiety will help me no end in my physical recovery.

My Phobia plays a large role in my day to day anxiety so I'm now very determined to kick it in the backside, seeing as it appears to be impacting my physical health (Or at least stalling my recovery).

If you guys are interested I'm happy to keep you updated on my journey with this and let you know how it goes.

Default Re: Starting CBT

Yes, please do post an update on your CBT experience if you get a chance. I've always wondered if it would be effective for this phobia.