Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default All teachers welcome!

Hello All!

I am going to school to be an Elementary Ed teacher, and I just got accepted into NSU to finish up my degree! I am so excited! I have wanted to be a teacher since I was a little girl! I have been dealing with this phobia since I was about 8 and I am now going on 24. I have a MAJOR fear that a child is going to v* in my classroom! I have had this happen while I shadowed, and I closed my eyes and ears and looked the other way!

I guess what I want to know is about your teaching experiences with children and the possibility of v*ing in the classroom! Any advice and/or stories are welcome! I am okay with reading graphic things about v*, so it won't bother me to hear the good, bad, and ugly!

I just don't want to give up on my dream of being a teacher due to this phobia!

Thank you!!!

Default Re: All teachers welcome!

The more you’re around it the less likely you’ll get it - you’ll build an immune to it .

I taught for 11 years and only had it happen 3 times. It was gross but honestly it wasn’t the end of the world - I was so busy worrying about keeping the other kids away from it that my fear didn’t really get in the way. For what it’s worth, I also only caught one stomach bug that entire time and it was at a completely different time than the v* incidents.

I’ve been teaching for 13 years and I’ve been lucky enough that it’s never happened in my room. I teach 7th and 8th grade though so the kids are a little older and less likely to get sick in the classroom.