Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sick + How to curb anxiety so I can sleep

I’m feeling sick, and I know I have to let myself be sick if I need to and all that, but nothing is helping me with the anxiety. I can’t calm down enough to get any rest, and I’m running on 3-4 hours of sleep at this point.

Yesterday I had coffee on an empty stomach (which was already a bad idea), and then later had pasta and went to bed. Unfortunately, I was already feeling ill yesterday before (and especially after) the pasta, and I barely slept.

Today my stomach hurts, and I have this gagging feeling in my throat that really scares me, + I just feel gross in general. I wouldn’t be surprised if I really did get sick right now. I would like to get through today without getting sick but I know that that isn’t possible sometimes.

I’ve tried telling myself that I’ll be perfectly fine if I do end up getting sick, and I really have nothing to be afraid of, but nothing seems to stop this panic I get, and I’m not sure what to do right now.

Default Re: Sick + How to curb anxiety so I can sleep

If you were going to puke, you would have by now. Eat healthy and get yourself feeling better. You will not feel better by not eating. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    If you were going to puke, you would have by now. Eat healthy and get yourself feeling better. You will not feel better by not eating. Doug
    Good point! I should keep this in mind whenever I need to be more rational.

How are you