Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I'm pretty sure I'm sick, HELP

I woke up this morning feeling ok but later in the morning I began to feel lethargic and nauseous. The lethargy is what scares me the most, I get nauseous all the time but this particular feeling of lethargy is specific to norovirus for me, I ONLY feel that way when I have it and I haven't felt it in about 10 years, since the last time I got sick. I have this test I do that's always determines whether im sick or not, because it's the main common denominator. I do something physical, even something as simple as walking, and if I'm sick, I get bad cramps. Today that happened, along with nausea, diarrhea, and lethargy. I took a xanax so I can relax but I don't know what else to do. Would taking a suppository prevent vomiting?

Default Re: I'm pretty sure I'm sick, HELP

A suppository containing an anti-emetic, such as Gravol suppositories, would prevent vomiting, even if your stomach has already stopped digesting in order to prepare for you to vomit. I keep Gravol suppositories on hand. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks a lot for that info, I ordered some on Amazon for the next time this happens. In the end I didn't v*, not sure if it's because I took pepto and fenegren, or if I just didn't have it, but I'm very interested to know more about the body mechanics of the stomach virus, like the body stopping digesting to prepare to vomit. I feel the more knowledge about it I'm equipped with, the better chance I have to fight it/prevent it. I saw you link something on one forum about v* facts or something but the link was broken. Any chance I could get that? Thanks again.

Following.....

Haley: Click the link in my signature. The Vomiting FAQ.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see