Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help sickness bug!!!

Hi my son who is 7 had a sickness bug 3 days ago and now I have it! I知 so so scared I知 going to be sick that I致e fainted. I usually talk to my mum to calm me down but she died 4 years ago. I知 terrified! Please someone help

Default Re: Help sickness bug!!!

You might not vomit. Be strong and stay calm. Dose with Pepto-Bismol and/or Gravol (Dramamine) if you have it on hand.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How are you doing? I'm terribly sorry to hear you are unwell and that your dear Mom is no longer around to provide you comfort.
    What were your son's symptoms? How long ago did you start feeling poorly?
    Around Halloween, a bug went through my family as well. My granddaughter started it all and V at my house. Then two days later my daughter, her boyfriend and her Dad all got sick with V and D within hours of each other. Initially I thought it was FP but then my mother (who lives with me) came down with the same thing a few days later and then it was my turn. The good news is that I was the only one who didn't V although I was incredibly N and had D.
    Hopefully it will be the same for you. Can you try and distract yourself by watching a show or something soothing on You Tube?

oh honey, I am sorry. it is so hard. my 11 yo son has a sv right now - mainly d and lots of stomach pain. I am alone taking care of him and have barely slept for 2 days, but I know parenting is more important. you can do this - just focus on keeping him healthy and washing your hands. even if you do get it, it will prob be more mild bc adults have better immunity to these things. my mom never got sick when my bro and I got a sv. neither did my dad. and they don't practice crazy emet hygiene.

keep us posted or DM me. I am happy to listen and give you support.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    oh honey, I am sorry. it is so hard. my 11 yo son has a sv right now - mainly d and lots of stomach pain. I am alone taking care of him and have barely slept for 2 days, but I know parenting is more important. you can do this - just focus on keeping him healthy and washing your hands. even if you do get it, it will prob be more mild bc adults have better immunity to these things. my mom never got sick when my bro and I got a sv. neither did my dad. and they don't practice crazy emet hygiene.

keep us posted or DM me. I am happy to listen and give you support.
    I too have been victim of a non V* stomach virus, incredibly grim but still the better version of it - how are you now?
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

How are you dear ?