Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Strep Throat?

I need some info gals. And guys, if there are any these days
    I posted around a week ago... on I believe Jan 13 my boyfriends bro got sick (v). I live with Chris and his family, by the way. Chris and I thought it was a stomach bug right away so we packed my things and I went to stay with my parents for a week. His brother had a mild fever when he V* but he was done and better by noon the same day, and outside running around like normal the next day. He is 16, for reference. Anyway, I stayed away for a week but Ive still been wary of using the same dishes, going downstairs out of my room, etc. we also share a bathroom with him unfortunately but hes mostly used the one downstairs so its okay. Anyway, its obviously been a week or two since he did the deed.. but hes had a cough all this time, and yesterday he had a sore throat and now its so bad it hurts for him to swallow. His mom thinks he has strep throat, so hes going to the doctor today but he is home sick again, and I am not positive but I think there may have been V* again, I saw the bathroom was open with the light on so... that sounds to me like its just waiting for him to do it again. Really scary for me but Im trying to just GET OVER IT and I got myself my breakfast anyway and even walked past the bathroom (a big feat if someone was ill in it). Anyway I want to know, guys, do you know of anyone or kids who have V* when they have strep throat? He isnt really a kid, he is 16, but still. I just want to know because I think the V* earlier in the month may have been from the strep throat and I could calm down a bit, but he only had a cough at that point, no sore throat that I know of.
    I know that when I was a kid, I had strep and I did V* once from it but I was only around 5 years old and it wasnt that bad, I just really felt yucky.
    Info appreciated here!
    Also Im going to make a separate thread about my experience w/strep and "PANDAS".

Edited by: chibi

More than 50% of people who get strep throat will v***. I was shocked about when my childrens' pediatrician told me that last year when my son had strep. He did not v** and only complained of a sore throat. When we went to the doctor, she asked him if he v** or felt like it. I chimed in quickly with he only had a sore throat --- why would he v**. That is when she gave me the stats on strep and v***. You never saw any mother run so fast to the pharmacy to get the antibiotics.

It is possibleyour boyfriend's brother has strep. The only way to know is for him to get a throat culture.

Stella

ok, they went to the dr, it isnt strep!!! they took blood to do tests but still dont know, sounds like an upper respitory infection of some sort, or influenza (which we all know is NOT a stomach virus btw I hate it when people call stomach viruses 'the flu' ARGH) anyway, not strep, but Im still nervous because we dont know WHAT it is. they are keeping him downstairs in the 'den' and using that bathroom, i still dont know if he has stomach problems right now or not but I was told he doesnt. ill find out when chris gets back. argh tired of nervousness!

Some kids go v* from strep, and I wasn't to excited to hear that either. When my daughter had strep, she v* and was really worn out and sick feeling. But antibiotics do the trick. It is a fairly quick recovery.

well I think people who are prone to Vomiting, will vomit with it. I think generally,we dont have to worry about that. Ive had strep and tonsititis more times than I can count, and never felt nauseated once. I felt like I was gong to die, yes, but never even came close to vomiting.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I had strep a bunch as a child (5 times in 3rd grade, going into scarlet fever twice and causing my tonsils to be removed) and I never v'ed from it. I've had it a couple of times in the last year and never v'ed from it then either. My son had it at the beginning of the school year and didn't v from it.

I've had strep throat so many times it's not even funny, and I've never heard about the whoel stomach connection...yeah, i mean I believe it. I had strep 9 times in 3 months when IW as a freshman in high school, that was no fun, other than that I don't have much to say, other than I feel your pain, I really do!