Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Guilty for spending time alone

Every time I want to spend an evening alone my boyfriend has a complete fit and passive aggressively makes me feel like shit and like I am a selfish horrible person and he tells me he’s having a bad day and feeling lonely and depressed. I have always been very independent and I have always needed alone time in relationships. It’s very frustrating because he tells me I must not care about him as much as he cares about me since I want time alone.

A lot of times I just see him anyway if I need a day alone to avoid a massive stressful fight. I’m sick of it. I just want time to sit and veg by myself. I care about him but I feel like as crazy as I am with my phobia and everything, his behavior is also unhealthy. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! I’ve tried to reason with him about it and he gets mad when I’m not “honest” about needing time alone... yet he throws a freaking fit when I am.

What do you all think?
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Default Re: Guilty for spending time alone

He seems emotionally abusive. Is he gaslighting you too?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.