Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

And I didn't lose my cool! One of my students wasn't feeling well today and she asked to stay in my classroom during lunch instead of joining her classmates (I was teaching middle school). While we were talking, she motioned that she needed to use the bathroom. The bathroom was right next door to my classroom and I heard her V* (well the badcoughing part) and when she returned to the classroom, I took her to the nurse myself.

She had told me a little earlier that she had V* during passing periods earlier in the day and was afraid no one would be home to pick her up, but when she got sick again - I insisted she go to the nurse. Luckily she got sent home because she had a 100.4 temp!

I even ate when I got home today, instead of totally flipping out and not eating because I had been "exposed". I never got too close to her and I used my hand sanitizer, but I didn't flip out.

I'm so proud of the little step I took today. It feels amazing to know I actually made it through a student getting sick and didn't flip. I was more worried about her than anything else. I knew she wasn't feeling well and I never let kids stay in my classroom during lunch, but something inside just told me to let her stay today.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's a really good step for you!! especially to lete her stay in your classroom when she knew that she wasn't feeling well. Also walking her to the nurse calmly, that probably made her feel a lot more better than if you had run out of the room and left her to deal on her own. It's also great that you put it behind you when you got home, and were able to eat!! That's a really good step, because you're not dwelling on the fact that a student got sick, and just continuing with your life.

Good job!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Great job!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Good for you, Purple. Sometimes only hearing it is worse than seeing it too. I think it's because an emet makes more of the sounds than is really happening.

Doug

Good for you! That is a big step in the right direction of 'fighting this horrible phobia'. Well done![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Well done!

That was a very big step. Keep up the good work.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Wow thats great. The emet world is in awe.

Good job, I don't think I would have been able to do that!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Thanks for everyone's support. I wasn't on my computer at all yesterday, so I'm behind on my replies. The student who was sick didn't return on Thursday to school anddidn't have her in the class I taught on Friday (taught for a different teacher).

The hardest thing for me is that I felt so concerned for her and I knew something "wasn't quite right" when she asked to stay in my room. I really do care about the kids and I hate knowing that anyone sick! I was scared taking her to the nurse, but I didn't just want to send her down with a pass --- especially because she wasn't in the lunchroom and wasn't supposed to be in the halls (her class was at lunch). I know the nurse at the school and just told the nurse this student just got sick and I heard her! It usuallytakes *proof* to get a student sent home. She had a fever anyway, so that would have gotten her sent home - but I didn't know that at the time. I just wanted to make sure she could be somewhere to rest and feel better.

I don't even like colds, but since I always have one -- well... I completely understand what they are going through.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats such a big accomplishment, I am so pleased with you! You delt with it so well and I think your doing such a brave job being a teacher anyway, let alone dealing with that situation like you did! Well done [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I know it's a bit of a late well done as I haven't been in this section for a while, but better late than never eh? lol!
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Good job purple teacher, seems like you have really been having a rough go of it lately so this is truly a good thing. Every little triumph builds your confidence, so just think, you are on your way up!!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

that's great that you were able to forget about your fears long enough to take care of a sick student. that's why i could never be a teacher...i'd be freaking out the whole day long. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

i HAPPY THAT YOU handle it! Be brave

I am new on this website, just joined today. You did really good.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleteacher

I even ate when I got home today, instead of totally flipping out and not eating because I had been "exposed". I never got too close to her and I used my hand sanitizer, but I didn't flip out.

I'm so proud of the little step I took today. It feels amazing to know I actually made it through a student getting sick and didn't flip. I was more worried about her than anything else. I knew she wasn't feeling well and I never let kids stay in my classroom during lunch, but something inside just told me to let her stay today.

That's amazing! I don't think I could ever do that at this point! Good job for eating afterwards too. Just make sure to wash your hands and maybe take some vitimins or something to boost your immune system. That must have been a big step for you- I'm happy for your accomplishment!

EXCELLENT!!!! You did great, pat yourself on the back!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]