Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: GERD Symptoms?

Default GERD Symptoms?

For a the past two days now I have had some odd symptoms and not sure if it is associated with GERD/Acid Reflux? I get really lightheaded and dizzy followed by nausea and heartburn. I also do have bad anxiety and not sure if that is playing a part in it as well? I keep feeling as though I am going to pass out and be sick and it is really freaking me out? Do you think it is being caused by gerd/acid reflux, anxiety, or could it be that I am getting sick? Please let me know. I can't stop freaking out.

Default Re: GERD Symptoms?

It sounds more like panic than anything else, but also could be caused by what you eat, are you getting the right amount of nutrients and vitamins?

Default Re: GERD Symptoms?

Since you said it's preceded by lightheadedness, it could be something to do with low blood sugar levels. Try eating something sweet, or use a sweet candy to nibble to see if you feel better. If not, it could possibly just be a panic attack. Anxiety and panic in general can give you loads of symptoms including heartburn.