Hi,

I'm 25 years old and have struggled with emetophobia for as long as I can remember. It became a lot worse when I got a stomach bug while on holiday in Italy 2 years ago, after that I swore I'd never go abroad again, for fear of a repeat situation. I stuck to that for about a year but missed holidays and tried to not let my fear stop me from doing things I love so have been away a few times since. However, each time I have been on a plane since then, it has been just horrific - I don't like flying anyway, but now I am so scared of someone being sick near me and obviously on a plane I can't get away from it/them. I can't calm down at all, cry the vast majority of the flight and am on mega high alert for any signs that someone may be ill, but just can't bear the thought of not being able to get away from it and being trapped there. Flights so far have been 2-3 hours max. But I have now booked to go to Florida (8hour flight) and really don't know if it is a good idea or not and contemplating cancelling, but my boyfriend would be really disappointed I know. Does anyone else struggle with flying for this reason and has anyone got any ways they overcome it at all? I really don't want to cancel it and let it stop me from going on this holiday, but I don't know if I can cope with it.

Thanks for reading and any help!!!!!