I’m posting because I am in a constant state of panic. On Sunday evening, my fiancé came down with a bug. I’m not sure what it was but he threw up in our apartment while I was there. We live in a really small one bedroom, one bathroom apartment together and I’ve had no escape. I’ve been doing everything I can to sanitize and clean the space (bleach, constant hand washing) and I have barely eaten in three days. I’ve been sleeping on the couch while he sleeps in our bed but I’m not even convinced the couch is a safe space since he was sitting on it and the Lysol spray I’ve been using doesn’t kill noro.

It has been three days and I’m still okay (besides not sleeping or eating well, and the constant anxiety and regular panic attacks). But, now I’m afraid of our dishes. We don’t have a dishwasher and our sink can’t plug up and the water on our tap is not very hot. I’ve been scrubbing them with antibacterial soap the best I can but I haven’t convinced myself to use any of them since washing.

What do I do? When am I safe again in my own home? My fiancé hasn’t been sick since Sunday night (with the runs Monday morning, but only threw up once Sunday). He feels fine now and is back to normal, but what about me? How do I know that I’m okay? I can’t keep living like this.