Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Medical marijuana??? Questions

Hi Everyone,

I've been doing some research on medical marijuana for anxiety and was really considering it after speaking to a friend who is a pharmacist. He opened a medical marijuana dispensary and says it can definitely help anxiety, and it has anti emetic properties as well. I have to be approved to get into the program in my state, etc. However, as I was researching, I found a syndrome called Cannabid Hyperemesis Syndrome. It basically says that with prolonged, heavy use, some people are experiencing severe nausea and v*. Well, that freaked me out bigtime. It seems that it is "rare" but also not reported because people don't associate it with their marijuana use. And there has been a sharp increase of it since it's become legal in some states! It often occurs years after consistent use. They are still trying to figure out why it happens...Soooo, now I am afraid to even try it. I'm totally new to all this and definitely would be under the guidance of my pharmacist friend, and would be taking VERY little, but still....

Is anyone familiar with this? It's ironic that the anti emetic properties are so wonderful, but it can also change to being an emetic....help??
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Default Re: Medical marijuana??? Questions

YUP, I have herd of this too, there was a study done, also its longterm use like 30 plus years of heavy usage, those people also by then, are slow and almost brain dead. I don't think I would use it long term either, I tried CBD and did not get good results, aim like 50 now so if i use daily, and live to be 80? I might be have dementia by then and forget all about my EMET,LOL

CBD is not what induces the vomiting I believe and it’s also HEAVY use of marijuana, meaning you’re essentially high 24/7. Occcasional smoking probably wouldnt be bad, but i limit my CBD intake bc of this

I've been getting high virtually every night for the past four years. I think it's pretty well documented that cannabis increases anxiety, and that's my experience (though only slightly). It also has the secondary effect of making you less likely to exercise and be otherwise productive. That said, it has greatly improved my mood (at least when I'm high) and has a few other benefits. As far as E-phobia goes, it's probably not a good idea. Straight CBD may be a different story, however, and I intend to find out...

I found a link on it - https://www.projectcbd.org/medicine/...mesis-syndrome. i think CBD is a better bet for you since it does not seem to correlate at all w v* plus you don't need a card for CBD. i personally vape it, but you can just take it as an oil supplement

Thanks to all. Yes, I'm definitely going to investigate more thoroughly and also talk to my pharmacist friend again. It's scary...
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6