Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I know I don't post much,but I do come here often.But I am very proud of myself,and wanted to share it with you all.

My daughter got sick,and I wasn't that scared.I managed very well! I am not sure it will happen that way again,but it felt so good to be able to care for her without shaking all over and wanting to run away!

Congratulations Court! =] You did well. I dont have any kids but I would not be able to do that if it was like my sister or something So good job!
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

court, thats great! congrats, you should be very proud of yourself =)
    <font color=GREEN>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    happiness is a way of travel -- not a destination
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </font>

Well done! I wish I could be brave when my children are ill. I hope one day I will be able to stay calm and not panic.

I was also proud of myself last time my son was ill. He's 7 &amp; I could hear him shuffling about in bed so I went up &amp; he said he felt a bit s*.. so as calmly as possI told him to go the loo to see if it was just a poop he needed. I headed for the downstairs loo for the bucket &amp; gave it to him without freaking out. When he did *it* I held my breath &amp; passed him a drink of water &amp; stroked his back, made sure he was ok &amp; sent him back to bed (with the bucket)

That was an achievement for me &amp; made me feel a little better when I didn't catch anything from him. I'm still very very scared when I see him looking under the weather but I talk myself round &amp; tell myself 'everyone goes through this' &amp; 'that theres people who are nursing sicker people than me'

Maybe one day hopefullyi'll be able to comfort him properly &amp; give him love &amp; affection when he's ill.. It would be great to overcome this damn emet!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Well done for doing that. I always panic and dont want to hear or see anything. But, what can we do when we have kids. I dont want to pass on this phobia to them. At the moment they dont seem to have this fear. My sister has it worse than me, she has not v*since she was six, she is now 40!!!!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

That is my thing,I don't want my kids to have this fear.I don't want them to know that inside I am shaking and can't breath,and never want them to know I would like to run from it.

My little one knows about it &amp; says to me 'I know you don't like it Mum, don't look if you don't want to' He's so sweet about it &amp; apologises for being ill bless him.. I often make a joke about it &amp; pull my jumper over my mouth &amp; chin &amp; make a funny voice &amp; that makes him laugh! Well they say humour is the best medicine lol

Wow congrats you guys. I don't think I would be able to do that! I mean I know that when my sister was sick growing up I couldn't even be on the same floor of the house as her. Because I stayed away from her I never caught a sv from her, but kids, I mean your OWN kids, aren't that easy to avoid.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Having children has actually helped me in my fight against emet.My youngest daughter isan absolute champ when it comes to v* and her courage really helps me when I'm not feeling so well. It amazes me that a child, especially one of my children can be so fearless when it comes to v*. It really helps me to put my fear back into perspective.
    A special thank you to my daughter Alyssa. Your strength and courage gives me great inspiration. Where I am weak, you are strong. I will always love you.

That is such an accomplishment, well done! I am so scared about having children so I think thats amazing you could go through childbirth and outstanding that you were able to cope with all that! Such a big triumph well done!
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>