Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I AM SO MAD!!!!

So it seems that everytime I go to pick up the children here lately, all I hear is something about someone else being sick. This time what I heard made me mad!! The lady that teaches my youngest daughters class, one of her friends works in the lunchroom at our school. The lunchroom lady got sick this AM with v* and d* and still stayed at school!!!! She was there when the little ones (K-3 and K-4) were in the lunchroom having lunch. When my youngest ones teacher saw her, she said you need to go home, NOW!!!! She did go home. My daughters teacher said that it started out with a bad headache and then the other started. They seem to think she is sick from some bad pizza she ate last night. Well, I dont know that it was bad, but thats what they think it is from. The lasy who got sick today, I know her youngest daughter was sick last week with this virus, but what I didnt know was that her mom kept her at school. So there she was exposing all these other children. I am so mad. I think I am going to say something to the Headmaster tomorrow morning. I mean, I know kids are going to get sick, but this kinda stuff is just un-called for!!!!

I am already worried and anxious about mine getting it. I mean, tis the season, whats the chances that mine wont get anything?!?!

I hate this!!!!

Wow, that is so wrong. Definatly complain to the headmaster. That is unnacceptable I'm sorry that happened.

Why would someone think it is o.k. to be around food serving kids if they are sick? The health department would love to hear that one. Bad enough are the sick people who aren't showing symptoms yet and work with the food, but that is nuts. Anyway, I want to tell you that your kids are probably at no more risk from the food being around the lunchroom lady than anyone else. Make sure they wash well and if possible use the Purell/Germx or whatever. I am sorry that happened to you, and it is gross that she stayed thinking that it was fine to be there. How did she stay around all that nasty smelling food etc.??? I also know lots of people here who have had the SV thing that began with the bad headache, even the day before and then V* the next day. I have had a headache every single day worrying about it and you know...I am scared constantly over this silly thing. Why do we worry about something long before it ever hits us? Why not wait till it happens? It's not like we can do anything to prevent it!!! I hate this for all of us.

CALL THAT HEADMASTER....NOW
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Quote Originally Posted by gubba

CALL THAT HEADMASTER....NOW

I agree 200% !!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be pi**ed!!!!!!! That's how restaurant workers infect tons of customers -- you read about it all the time! This is so sad because they are all little kids, some with challenged immune systems too I'm sure!!! Know what? I'd prob go down and talk to the HM in person! Some people!!!! Let us know what he/she says.....Oh, did your daughter eat food from the cafeteria that day??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

No doubt I am going to say something to the headmaster. I just hate to start a comotion about something, but I cant let this slide. See, if I say something, they will probally know who it came from. Its a small school too. I think that this would upset someone who wasnt an emet.

No, my daughter took her lunch today. I think I am going to start doing that everyday.

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

Aw thats awful. I hate how people willing give their germes to other people and dont even think about it - especially in a school where u've got little kids. grrrrrrrr that would make me so angry.

Leigh,

You are justified in being angry. This is exactly how outbreaks start - with a sick food preparer. The woman is either ignorant or doesn't care. Also, the school should have a policy regarding this. I am glad that the teacher had enough sense to tell her to go home. My guess is that your kids will be fine, but I am sorry for the extra worry. Ugh! This is whyI just dread sending my kids out to school.

Quote Originally Posted by jennyleigh1975
    No doubt I am going to say something to the headmaster. I just hate to start a comotion about something, but I cant let this slide. See, if I say something, they will probally know who it came from. Its a small school too. I think that this would upset someone who wasnt an emet.

No, my daughter took her lunch today. I think I am going to start doing that everyday.

Even a non-emet wouldn't like to see their kids sick, especially because of someone else's toal disregard. This is definitely a health violation. I'm sure almost all the parents would agree with you on this one. I'm glad your daughter took her lunch!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I didnt want to go see the headmaster this afternoon, because I wanted time to cool off. I will definately be tracking him down tomorrow morning!!

I also happen to personally know the President on the Board of Directors for the school, I just might call him too.

Obviously it upset your youngest's teacher too because she sent her home. I wouldn't worry about anyone knowing who it came from. Emet or not no one should intentionally expose people, especially kids, to a sv like that. If you don't get anywhere with the Headmaster, definitely call the health department. They will not tolerate that. Does the lady actually prepare the food or is she just one of the monitors? If she is just one of the monitors, I doubt she got any of the kids sick. Even if she prepares the food, I imagine she wears gloves so again, she probably didn't infect anyone else. Try not to stress over it, but do file a complaint. That was just wrong.

She not the head person in the lunchroom, but she is a preparer(sp) and server.

People are so selfish and ignorant sometimes...Down here, the poverty level is so high that I am afraid of having children and then having them attend public school. Not that I am a snob or have the money to send them to private school. It really does have to do with a child getting sick and neither one of the parents being able to get off of work to come and get them. I have a lot of compassion for those under the poverty line, but it still does not make it ok for them to leave their children at school ill. There were a lot of instances of the schools shutting down here (mostly for upper-respitory type stuff) But still, it is common sense to take care of your children and keep them home when they are ill...It is NOT appropriate to send them to school, daycare, other activities if they are sick. Why do people think that is ok??? Maybe I am over-reacting to this, but I am not even a parent yet and I know that it isn't ok.

The story you are telling is what happens all the time. It is more common in lower paying jobs where the workers are "replaceable". It isn't fair that the worker felt she had to be at school. If she weren't concerned for her job, she would have left or never come in that morning.

It scares me to death that an outbreak like that could happen in my district. I work at so many different schools and I avoid the lunchroom, except when I'm on duty, and I also avoid the lounge. I stay to my classroom and stay to myself. My kids bring in enough germs!

You do need to complain. Tell the principal or notify the district office. If you don't want to cause an uproar, then submit something anonymously or something. You need to do it quickly, especially if you think there is ANY CHANCE children could have been exposed and might be getting ill within the next few days. This virus needs to be contained and the school needs to take care of this problem ASAP.

Keep us posted on how your complaint gets tolerated.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know that more than likely, she is working to be able to afford to send her children to this private school. Her husband has a pretty good job though, I know where he works. I know that some people feel like they cant leave their jobs, even when they need to, BUT, I am pretty sure that she wouldnt get fired or the school be mad at her if she had left soon as she got sick today, or if she had stayed out with her daughter last week when she was sick. Our headmaster is not dumb to what is going around, and I think he has been in the education business long enough to know when someone is staying out of school for un-necesary reasons. Habitually, I mean.

We have winter break coming up next week, I wish it was this week!!

I get so angry about things like this. Why do people think that other people want to catch their germs! OK, I do send my son to school when he has a cold at times, and some people may be phobic against colds, but sickness bugs ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I hope that doesnt make me sound selfish.

I am angry at a mother of one of my sons friends, as he was with my son on Sunday with a sickness bug and now I am at my wits end and have such bad anxiety I cant stop worrying. I had a terrible night sleep because every time I woke up that was the first thing that came into my head. It is taking over me today and I feel obssessed about it! Why did she let her son out when he wasnt well! God it annoys me so much and makes me so angry.

Sorry for ranting!

Quote Originally Posted by jennyleigh1975
    N I think that this would upset someone who wasnt an emet.

Jenny, this has got nothing to do with being an emet, it's purely about protecting young children and reducing the extent to which these horrible viruses spread. I would definitely contact the headmaster about this. If it might help, download some info off the web, there's plenty around which says that infected people should NOT handle food - and from reputable medical sites too!

Good luck, and let us know!

I didnt talk to the headmaster this morning, I decided to wait until this afternoon when I go pick up the children. The headmaster is so busy first thing in the morning anyway, making his rounds around campus making sure everything is running smoothly. Also, if I go in later this afternoon, I will look less conspicuous. This also gives me more time to think about what I am going to say.

Jenny,

I read this earlier today and was so flippin' mad that I could not respond.

This was absolutely selfish and unacceptable behavior on the teacher's part. I would have fired her immediately (but then the school system is such a bureacracy that you can rarely get fired). How dare she expose those kids. Handling food while v*** is stupid on every level. What was this cretin thinking? Never mind, don't ask. Obviously, she was too clouded by a V*** fog to think straight. (LOL).

I think you should talk to the headmaster. She should be reprimanded.

We all worry about sv's, but when the bird flu begins to appear (and it will), its idiots like her tha infect people.

Stella

I did talk to the headmaster this afternoon, and he said that she did not serve any food yesterday. That she left school at 10 am, which would be before the first lunch shift. However, if thats right, how come my daughters teacher saw her when they got in there at 10:45 am? I told him about her little girl being in class sick last week, and he said that he would check into it. I felt kinda bad for saying something, cause I kinda got the feeling he was just looking at me wondering why I even brought it up. Im sorry though, I cant stand for someone to expose other innocent children like that. I told him I understand that things happen, kids will get sick, but that if you know about it, that its not right to send them to school.

Im just so ready for Feb. to be over, it really sucks!!!!

Wow! how can anyone do this?? Ok she didn't serve any food but what about handling forks or spoons or plates. This woman had to touch something that can spread this germ around. I know at Tyler's school they will not tolerate parents sending their kids to school while they are sick. Tyler's dad is good at doing that and I am the one who gets the call to pick him up. Enough is enough this is bull. No wonder there is so many virus's going around in schools. In the school where the kids go do they have hand sanitizer there? I think all schools should have it, after all they have them in hospitals where is the difference?
    Have you calmed down?

Im calmed down about that particular situation, but stil anxious just because of this lovely time of year.

I know, we all hate it. Our spring break doesn't start until the second week of March! Justin is coming home from college on the 24th that is when he starts his spring break. I am glad you are feeling better