Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay today I was on the floor playing with my dog, rolling around with him and hugging him and what not and then all of a sudden he sneezed and it got all over my face and I'm sure that some went into my eyes. Am I going to get sick? Can a dog sneezing on you make you sick? I'm all paranoid about this right now, does anyone know?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

as far as i know, humans cannot contract animal viruses, colds, etc. animals aren't contagious like people are. it's even hard for a dog to give another dog a cold. my cat has a cold right now and he and my dog sleep on the couch together every night, and my dog is completely healthy. i wouldn't worry!!!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I would't worry, but it is a good question. Our animals have been around us when wehave been sick, and they never got sick. Isn't that weird that we don't get sick from animals and vice versa? Or am I just being stupid?

My dog sneezes at me all the time. You will be OK. He also burps at me lol but that's another day. The worse that will happen is it's nasty[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] but you'll be fine!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I think my dog is allergic to me. Everytime he gets around me he sneezes I then remind him that I am the one allergic to him and I just give him more lovin' [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nope you can not get sick, so don't worry. Really the only thing you can catch from animals is parasites, and unless your dog has parasites and you were eating their poop then you can't catch anything.

LoL thanks guys. And no I won't be eating dog poop any time in the near future...or ever for that matter.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!