Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: help!

i get so scared sometimes. i'm scared right now. my stomach hurts. i can't figure out if i'm n* or not.

how do you know when you will be sick?

but why would i be sick? i didn't eat anything bad. i am always meticulous about washing my hands and foods before eating them. no one (that I know of) had a stomach virus.

i'm so shaky. and stomach feels like its rippling but I don't know if thats because i'm making it do that. maybe because I've been having it clenched for so long.

i don't want to do this anymore.

i don't want to be in my body.

You are probably just reacting to your panic. Try to relax---take deep breaths, go outside and get some fresh air, call a friend and talk about happy stuff--anything to take your mind off the anxiety. I hope you feel better soon...........
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Awww! I'm so sorry, I know how you feel. I agree w/ californiagirl...maybe put in a funny movie or read. Just try to do other things to stop the panic attacks.

Let us know how you are feeling!

i'm fine now. thanks.

i always eat things that start my stomach up.....like coffee cake and brownies!!!

and yesterday I guess I just ate too much

It's possible that the coffee cake and brownies can bother your stomach. But by reading your original post I would say it's much deeper than that. One of your first reactions is to place a blame on something that could have caused the trouble. And that is completely natural for us all emets do it. However, what we end up doing is associating certain things with feeling sick. In this case the coffee cake and brownies. You have to be very careful when you associate or blamespecific causes for your n*. Foods are always at the top of the list. Noweverytime you eat coffee cake or brownies, the fear is going to be in your mind somewhere, you may not even be aware of it.It may not even crossyour conscious mind but it still canultimately cause another episode. And then the next time something happens again you'll assign a blame to something else if you hadn't had brownies recently. And the cycle will contiue to expand and grow.You have to remember that no matter how improbable it may seem at the time, your symptoms are caused by nothing more than your mind. Atleast most of the time. You have to stopsearching for a cause. I still have a hard time with certain foods and rituals but I knowenough about the behavior now that it's allowed me to avoid adding additional triggers to thelist.
    A special thank you to my daughter Alyssa. Your strength and courage gives me great inspiration. Where I am weak, you are strong. I will always love you.