Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Husband has come home very drunk

Hi, my husband has come home very drunk and the inevitable is happening.
    I have headphones in and he is in a different room but I am still aware of him moving around back and forth and my anxiety is sky high
    I’m listening to a relaxation app but it’s not really working
    Have you guys been in this situation before?
    I can’t help it but I feel a bit annoyed! I know I shouldn’t, it happens easily but I say to him every time to pretty please don’t get too drunk so that you’re ill and in fairness this is the first time in 5 years
    I know I shouldn’t be annoyed based purely on that but I am!!
    He knows what it does to me and he knows I have to be up early for work and sleep is now SO far away
    This is becoming quite long I am sorry, typing seems to help xxx

Default Re: Husband has come home very drunk

I would be annoyed too. A few years ago my husband and I were at a friend’s house and he got incredibly drunk and I had to pull over on the side of the road so he could v. I didn’t speak to him for a week. I just feel drinking to the point of getting sick is uncalled for. We aren’t kids anymore ( we are in our 50’s) and I was disgusted by how drunk he was. He hasn’t gotten drunk like that since. It was a very difficult and triggering situation for me so I totally understand how you feel.