Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have just heared that my neice has been v*ing this evening just an hour after playing in my house with my children. She even kissed my children on the lips before going home. Ughh!

I just know my children will catch it now and I am absolutely dreading the next few days. My sister in law only visited as her daughter had woken up miserable from her nap and she thought my children may cheer her up.

I know it has not even happened yet but already I am panicking, shaking and feeling sick. I thought things were starting to get better as my daughter class had been complete this week. I really do not feel like I can cope with this. Why did my neice have to visit today of all days?

My question would be, if the child was miserable when she woke up, why not keep her home til you know that shes not miserable because she is sick. I realize that some children wake up in an ill mood, but why drag them to someone elses house? If waking up in an ill mood was not some what the norm for my child, I would keep them at home until I knew what was wrong.

I hope you guys will be ok.

Only 21 days of Feb. left ............ UGHHHHH!!!!

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

Thank you Jennyleigh

It is unusual for my neice to wake up miserable so it was wrong for my sister in law to bring her to visit. My son always wakes up in a bad mood, but I still give him time to come round properly before dragging him out.

I just hope it was something she had eaten and not a sv but there is so much about at the moment and since my emet is worse than ever at the moment you can guaruntee my family will catch this especially since I had a sv less than a month ago which nobody else caught.

My husband can not see why I am so worried. I wish I could be like him. It must be lovely not to have to worry each day just in case the children get ill.

Curly, I know it's a tough time, but your kids didn't catch your sv so there's a good chance they won't catch this one either. You know that kids can throw up for lots of reasons so it might not be anything serious. I know how worried you must be, but your worry will only go on for a few days, and you're strong enough to cope. I know you didn't think you coped well last time, but you did, you carried on being mum despite feeling ill. You are stonger than you think, remember that.

Thank you Suze, but I really do not feel very strong at the moment. I have even cancelled a drs appointment this week. I was supposed to go to try and get some help for emet,but I got scared at the last minute and cancelled. Now I feel really ashamed for cancelling as I did need to go as my emet seems worse than ever at the moment. Maybe it just because theres so much going round this winter. I can almost cope if it is just me who catches it, but if it is my children or husband that will be so much worse. You are right though, this worry will only go on for a few days and if I have to cope with v* then I will still survive, but at the moment everything just seems much worse.

Hey Curly Wurly, I am right there in panic mode with you hon! My daughter decided to tell me lastnight that she was scolded at school for the first time yesterday because her and Elsie (a girl in her class) were putting on lip gloss during class. Of course I told her that she should NEVER share lip gloss or anything with other kids because that's how we spread germs and get sick. But now the damage is done. Later on lastnight I said to my husband that this Elsie girl will probably end up absent from school in the next few days.....

guess what . . . when i asked my daughter today (like everyday when she gets home) if anyone was absent, she said Elsie of course. So now I'm freaking out and in panic mode because I'm afraid that my daughter is going to get an sv*. I have no idea what this girl is even sick from, could just be a cold or something, but now I'm worried that my little one has caught it.

Let's hope and pray for each other that our kids don't catch this nasty sv*. Until then we will just panic because I know I can't calm down. And the night time is the worst because that's when it seems to hit and I'm not going to be able to sleep for the next few nights. UGH!!!!

I hope your daughter stays well. Hopefully the little girl just has a cold related illness.

I have just cleaned all the things in my childrens playroom which I think my neice may have touched. My husband asked me not too, so I waited until he was asleep and came down and did it. He will probably tease me about it tomorrow but too bad. I can not risk it. I had just started to sleep a bit better after my sv a couple of weeks ago and now this has to happen, so yet more sleepless nights.

I hope all goes well for you. I will be thinking of you.

hi curly wurly!

Where abouts in the UK do we find you? If you don't mind me asking!

I'm sorry to hear about what happened,and I'm sure your kids will be okay. I'm sure you neice may have just eaten something dodgy earlier that day, it could be anything but not nessisarily a SV.

I'd DEFINATLY try to re-book another appointment with your GP to get some help as I think you'll feel SO much better feeling that you have made that first step..

Be strong, I'll be thinking about you.. let us know how everything is going

x
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

I would have done the same thing Curly, my husband would also think I'm crazy to clean everything but I would rest easier knowing that it was sanitized.

I hope you sleep well tonight and hope that we will both be lucky enough to have this pass by our children this time. I know we both just got over panicing a few weeks and now we're back to a few sleepless nights. I'll be on and off for the next few hours if you need anything.

-Alissa

How are you doing now? The "what if" is a waiting game. I hope everything turns out fine for you

I hate the waiting too, let us know how you are!!!

Thank you everyone for your support.

Well it looks like it was a sv as my neice was v*ing from 5 oclock yesterday evening until early hours of the morning.and now has d*.I am really panicking now. I am continually asking my children and husband if they feel alright.

We were supposed to be visiting my mother in law this morning but since she was looking after my sick neice we refused to go. My mother in law is now in a real mood with us and has just rung up to tell me how selfish i am for keeping her grandchildren away from her. I cannot believe she expected me to visit her today. Even my husband who is a non emet agreed it was silly to go round today.

To make things worse my daughter has had several children away from school and also her classroom assistant. There was also V* in the school driveway. I am so worried and feel like I cannot cope with this at all. This has been a really bad winter, I wish it was over!

Jackie, I am from Suffolk, Where are you?

I am so sorry this has happened to you and your family. What on earth was this woman thinking? Her child awaks from a nap feeling miserable and she relies on your children to make her feel better? Excuse me - not acceptable AT ALL. My kids are too old for naps, but if they ever awoke from one feeling or acting off, we went no where. Its bad enough to have child get sick at home. The last thing I want is to have one get sick while we are out.

Jeesh.

Stella

Thanks stella

Well my neice has started V* again this evening so I am so glad we did not visit MIL today. I do not care how she treats me because of it, I am not going to deliberately expose my children to a sv. It sounds like a bad one with V* for 2 days. I know it is going to happen and I feel so scared.

I am so worried it will happen tonight. My daughter has already been restless, coughing and saying she is hot. I cannot wait for half term holidays from school next week. Hopefully this nightmare will end for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by curly wurly

Jackie, I am from Suffolk, Where are you?

Ahoy fellow Suffolian! I'm from the lovely sea-side resort of Felixstowe, great to know someone is so close to home!

I'm your your children are fine now, I would imagine something would have shown up by now.. Your doing so strong keep it up!I hopeshe's cooled down a bit now, try a damp flannel over the head if she keeps complainingDid you re-book that doctors appointment?

And take no notice of your mother-in-law.. its stupid of her to say that, I hate people who expect people to hang around you carelessly when theres a bug around [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Edited by: emetojackie
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

I hope everything is ok with you guys. Dont let your mother in law stress you out, you have to do what makes you feel comfortable. If that means not going to her house when there is a sick child there, then so be it. Emet or not, why would you intentionally go to someones house to visit when you know that someone is sick. It makes no sense.

On the issue of mother in laws, it seems that there are several of us on here lately that wouldnt mind if our mother in laws just went away for a while!!

I just found out that my youngest niece is sick also.

Thankyou Jackie and Jennyleigh

Well so far we are all fine, but I know it could happen at any time. I hate this waiting. I feel exhausted after 2 almost sleepless nights. I hope that if we get through another night we might be in the clear, but I will not relax for several days yet. I am panicking so much and I do not want to leave the house, It was a real effort to take my son to his music group this morning but I knew he could not miss out. I am just so anxious that he will get ill whilst we are out. My son is taking his nap at the moment but I am so scared he will wake up and v*. Why can't I think rationally at the moment?

My sister in law now has the sv. To make things worse it is my neices 2nd birthday tomorrow and we were all supposed to be going to a local wildlife park on Saturday to celebrate, but I am so worried that they will still be infectious or that my mother in law will be comming down with the bug as she has had lots of contact with my neice. I just do not want to go, but I expect I will be bullied into it. I wish they would wait for another week and celebrate then.

Sorry to hear that your neice is sick Jennyleigh. I hope she feels better soon.

Just out of curiosity, is your sister in law real hands on while she was caring for her daughter? I mean, does she take the precautions that we do to avoid getting it? Is your niece better?

I dont know what was wrong with my niece last night, she is fine this morning. My mother in law (who is raising her) is even taking her to daycare. I think that she shouldnt, but I cant stop her, just like I cant stop all the other mothers and grandmothers, ect ..... that do the same thing. My niece my not have even had a virus, my mother in law exagerates things sometimes. I know that she is sick with something else and is on some medicine so who knows.

I'm glad your neice is better.

My sister in law does not worry about the sv passing on to others and probably does not clear up as thoroughally afterwards as I would. My neice has not v* for several hours now but still has d*. I think my husband has upset my sister in law as he asked her why she did not cancel the weekend and change it for next weekend but she is determind it will go ahead. My daughter is comming down with a bit of a cold so hopefully I will be able to use that as an excuse for not going. It will make me unpopular but I do not care. My husband does not want us to go either. He only has less than 3 weeks until he has to join his next ship and he does not want to waste any more quality family time by us being ill.

My mother in law still thinks we are selfish for not visiting her yesterday. Each time the phone rings I dread answering in case it is my mother in law. I do not know why she has to be such a bully. I cannot even visit my mum as she is having chemotherapy and has to stay away from infection. I cannot risk passing anything onto her. I wish this waiting was over!

If your husband is supportive of your decisions to stay away from the sickness in your family, then I wouldnt worry what the ma in law thinks. You are even having to stay away from your own mother at a time when you probally want to be close to her.

As for answering the phone or not, do you guys have caller ID over in the UK? I like mine, I can know whos calling and avoid them if I want to!!

I do not worry so much about mother in law whilst my husband is home but when he goes back to sea mother in law thinks up a whole list of things which we did to hurt her and throws it all at me. WhilstI know that she is just a bully and a power freak, I still begin to wonder if perhaps I have been unfair to my mother in law.I do not make much effort with her, but that is because she has hurt me so many times.

I do not think we will go on Saturday. It would be unfair to my children and to my husband as any time he has with us is precious time not to be wasted.

Our old phone had caller ID but we have not worked it out on our new phones yet.

WHat is the deal with our mothers in law on this site?? Mine is like that, too. SHe once bribed my husband with a new car if he would leave me andour 3 week old daughter!!! CRAZY!!

Quote Originally Posted by donna1216
    WHat is the deal with our mothers in law on this site?? Mine is like that, too. SHe once bribed my husband with a new car if he would leave me andour 3 week old daughter!!! CRAZY!!

He should have taken the car, ran her over with it, and lived happily ever after with YOU!! Just kidding, but what a mean woman!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

OMG Donna, how awful!!!! Just what was her reason for offering him a car to leave you?

Well, my ma in law took my niece to daycare today AFTER she was up til three am with the dry heaves and has had diarrhea today while at daycare.

My mother in law isn't terrible all the time, just when she forgets her Prozac, I guess!![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] She likes to pick on me after I have babies. She thinks that I am a terrible person because my biggest flaw is that I am a bad housekeeper, and she has OCD about her house. She's one of those people that if you aren't like her, then you are wrong, she thinks I am doing my husband a disservice and that I don't care about him because I am messy!!! I just have ADD when it comes to cleaning, I start one thing, then notice something else, and so on and then I never finish a task!!!I need Ritalyn while cleaning!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Leigh--did the day care keep her there with the diarrhea??? THat's nice, infect everyone else's kids!!!! THat's what makes me mad! My friend's little girl v'ed at 5:30 yesterday morning, didn't v* again all day, and she still wouldn't take her to her ballet class last night and then didn't bring her over here to play today(THANK GOODNESS!!) She's not an emet, she just wanted to make sure her daughter was healthy and not spreading anything around!!!

Donna,

Dont worry, I am messy right with you! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Me too, messy here!!!!

My husband says the only reason we have a loveseat in the den is so I can put the clean clothes on it after I get them out of the dryer!!

How is everything today Curly Wurly?? I too was and still am panicing but it's been 72 hours since my daughter shared the lip gloss and I'm a bit calmer now. I barely slept lastnight which is killing me during my last trimester . . . . but hopefully since I'm not as worried today I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I hope you and your family are all still healthy!