Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

First of all, I'm new to this forum... and so glad that I've found it! This might sound really strange, considering I'm only 16. I've always thought that I'd have loads of children when I grow up, partly because I grew up with 5 in the family and loved the atmosphere. But then as I grew older, I discovered the horrible thing called morning sickness... and now I feel like I never want to be pregnant in the future. Does morning sickness invade every mother? Or is it just for some? If you've had it, how did you overcome it?

I have had two children and never suffered morning sickness don't think that i would allow myself to think about anymore had i had morning sickness

i also think that you can control it to an extent.

lyndsay[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hi Excalibur, welcome to the site. If you look back at some of the old threads you'll find plenty on morning sickness. I've had two kids and had no sickness. I felt a bit queasy but as an emet I feel like that pretty much most of the time - lol! Anyway, the odd few have had morning sickness but the majority don't. Don't let this phobia stop you having kids, they're wonderful and I would have thrown up every day if i'd have had to because they would be worth it!

I dont have any children.. Im only 23. I do know my mom never had morning sickness with me, she just fainted alot.

I think if your more sensitive to hormone changes, then you might be more susceptable to morning sickness.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I have 3 kids and didn't throw up with any of them!!

I have three children also and never threw up when I was pregnant.

In all seriousness though, please dont stress yourself out about morning sickness, you are only 16, just enjoy being young!!!!

I have always been worried about morning sickness too. I am now in my mid thirties and have avoided pregnancy because of my fear. Iam really hoping that i haven't left it too late to have children as i really want kidsand my partner and i have decided that it's 'time' [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I am still anxious about morning sickness but my desire for children out weighs the risks of getting it! I'll deal with it when or if it happens, no use worrying about it anymore!

Trinity

Thanks for all the replies! I was shifting through some of the old threads and it seems that most emets didn't have much morning sickness... although it does depend on a lot of things.

I am currently pregnant with my first and that fear definitely crossed my mind. There was a time when I thought I could never have kids because I was too scared of morning sickness, but eventually my desire for kids outweighed the fear. Don't get me wrong, i am not over my emet by any means, but I am not allowing it to control every part of my life anymore. I know that if I had decided to never have kids because of it, I would have regretted it. I am now almost halfway through and haven't had any morning sickness. There are things you can do to avoid it, one thing is to make sure you always have food in your stomach. There were times I would feel kind of n*, but it went away when I ate. There are also medications you can take. I just made sure to tell my doctor about my emetophobia and she told me nto to worry about it, that there were things I can do/take to make it better.

Trinity - It is definitely worth the risk of morning sickness. The first time I saw my baby on the ultra sound, I didn't care anymore about being sick or anything. I am so excited to finally be able to meet my little baby. It's not even born yet and already I know it is well worth it. I know there will be tough times, but I am not letting emet stop me from doing anything!