Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, Friday afternoon I saw my niece and sister-in-law. They came over and I was playing with Bailey for awhile, chasing a ball around. They stayed like a half hour and that was it.

Yesterday, I saw them again and my sis-in-law, Erinsaid not to get close to Bailey because she was getting over a 24 hour stomach virus! She had her first stomach bug--poor thing. Erin said that she woke up in the middle of the night (she was sleeping with her parents) and she heard a choking sound and then Bailey threw up all over the bed! Yuck! She had a fever all day Saturday.

The good thing is, after the initial heart pounding "Oh My God!" feeling, I calmed down and even spent a few hours talking with her. I rationalized it in my mind that I wouldn't get sick because I didn't come in close contact with any of her fluids--diapers, kisses, etc. I touched the same ball she was playing with, but I doubt that would get me sick.

So here it is, Monday morning, and I'm not quite out of the woods yet, but I'm not panicky. As long as I'm fine by tomorrow, I'll completely relax. But I'm shocked that I'm not a basket case!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WOAH thats really good that u're listening to your rational mind.... you've beaten the phobia in that respect!!!

tke care

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, I'd say that's definitely a triumph! Poor baby being sick but to them I dont' think they really care lol. Glad you handled it so well! Congratulations!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Wow Heather, that's great!! You definately have come a long way!

BTW, how have you been doing lately? Didn't speak to you in a looong time! I hope this question isn't too confronting but how are the AA-meetings?
    Margaret

*Even a thousand-miles journey starts with a first step*

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">Awsome!! I am so glad to hear that you let the rational part of your mind win this one. My little guy caught somethingand I got through it with no big spazzes and neither my husband or myself got ill. So if you are feeling ok then I bet its all good.
    Besides over 90% of 24 hour flus are something that didn't agree with tummies (especially little ones) or they ate something that wasnt totally good. Some people (Again especially little people) are very sensitive to something that has been "contaminated" </TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Well done Heather! Wow, I really need to try to be more rational like that - you're a role model!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

Thanks. You guys are sweet! I'm doing okay, compared to how I was in the winter months. The depression has finally lifted, now that it's almost summer. Emet is still bad as ever, but I'm dealing with it. I don't let it get in the way of work. I still show up everyday, no matter how anxious I feel. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

thats good u stil show up however anxious u feel....

ur showing the phobia where to shove itself... hopefully down the nearest sewer. =P

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: