Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Especially when my children say something that freaks me out.

My son was tasting something that I had cooked, and he didnt like, but then he started like coughing, like he got strangled. (He didnt get strangled though.) Then as I was putting him to bed, he said his throat hurt really bad. I asked him what I always ask them (I feel like such a horrible mom.) "Do you feel like throw up?" and he said that his throat felt like throw up. He's 5 almost 6, what do you guys think? Should I be worried, could this be the start of the dreaded you-know-what?

Maybe he has some acid in his throat or something or heartburn. How is he now?

He probably just strained his throat when he was coughing so hard. It's actually pretty easy to do. I'm sure he will be fine.

He has been in bed now for about 20-30 mins, so far so good. I havent heard him make any sounds. Im scared to go in there and check on him. I know I will though.

I hate this, emet bites!!

could be the acid like princessmel suggested. Maybe he could be coming down with a sore throat, maybe nothng at all. I know you hate this phobia Leigh, be strong, try to have a good night, relax and have a good sleep.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I think he means his throat hursts, and is just repeating what you put
    in his mind. Your stomach feels like throw up, not your throat.

it's been 6 days since you posted this....was he ok? One time when my daughter was little, she kept saying that her throat felt funny...she didn't want to brush her teeth before bed and gagged when doing that. She went to bed and woke up an hour later with a bad stomach bug. I think at four that was the only way she could describe the nausea. I hope he was alright....i know the feeling of not wanting to check him though....i have been there....my girls are 18 and 12 now and i still panic to be home alone if someone might be sick......god....this really sucks feeling this way.....

Try using this experience as a learning experience for your son - Teach him how it isn't polite to make gagging sounds or coughing sounds when do you don't like what you have tasted. Politely say you don't want anymore, but don't pretend or cough like you are going to throw-up. Explain that it isn't nice and isn't being respectful towards the person who tried really hard to make the meal.

I do agree with what others have said about the throw-up and the sore throat feeling. Kids do get these mixed up sometimes. Ask him to point where it hurts - stomach or throat. If it is his throat, try giving him something to numb it (if you have any at the house).

Hope he is doing better now.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, he is fine and has been fine. Im sorry I didnt come back and update this post. I was going through a period of high anxiety last week. Things are mellowed out for now.

Thanks for checking up on us though!!