Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I keep seeing people say February is the worst month. Is this
    true??? Or is it all winter or what? When can I breathe again?

Usually winter is the worse time cause everyone is cooped up inside. Spring means people are getting out more, plus school is out soon after and sv lighten up. Don't worry, spring is around the corner.

*SIGH* I can't wait for spring!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not soon enough.

Ususally around May.

Stella

Yes, I agree.....please bring on the Spring season and warm weather...so I can get outside and breathe some fresh air!!!!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I think that it usually is worst in December and January in the SW part of the US. I remember the time I got it so bad was in October though. I think that we should be almost through it...

February and March here.

I am also scared at this time but we seem to get sick in the summer!

For me, I feel better after the month of February because the temperatures tend to warm up and people can go outside more. When people can go outside, I feel more relaxed and "safe". It also means kids can have recess outside and kids are playing outside, instead of being stuck indoors.

I know the actual season isn't necessarily EVER over, but some people say March - yet others on this site say April. I know that flu-flu season is hitting VERY HARD here where I am (Texas), which is causing lots of problems.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

I have actually read on several different sites including CDC that sv* season is considered Oct - April, with peak times being Dec - March. February seems to be the worst in my area though. I'll feel much better when March is over though. Come on Spring . . . .

My kids pediatrician told me once that she sees the most sv outreaks in March and April. I have dreaded those months for the last 17 years because of that....

I never feel safe, my kids have had them in Jan., Feb., March, May., Aug., Oct., Nov., and Dec. It never ends for me, *sigh* such is my life!!!

Oh great, just when I was thinking that sv* season was close to the end!

Um, ok, I'm confused. I had previously thought sv season was in the warmer months. Maybe thats just here (Australia).

Anyone know about sv season is Aus?

NYXY, I'm in Australia and have to say I notice SVmore in Feb-march and then again in August-Sept. I suppose it could be different over here because although it does get cold in places like Tasmania it is not really cold enough for the kids to have to stay indoors at school. People in Australia seem to spend most time outdoors no matter what season.

I do know we have an epidemic of norovirus going around at the moment and it's still quite warn here (30 degrees in lovely Queensland) Bring on winter I say, I would rather have colds and flus any day than have a SV.

Beck.

Unfortunately sv's are around all year but much worse during Sept. to April. usually during the summer its from contaminated food like leaving potato salad with mayo out in the sun, cream pastries etc.. Nothing should be left in the sun for a long period of time, bacteria grows very fast in that stuff. Kim

when i was in elevator few days ago, people were talking that SV is coming in my town, oh its terrible, i will die , i worry so much.

My two boys had SV*s last April and August, so summer brings no relief for me.