Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Don't know if this counts but...

So I'm pretty sure I had a panic attack in the car last night. I haven't had one in a couple years, so it was really unusual. I'd left my gum at home by accident and was freaked out about it, which ended up turning into a panic attack because I could not stop obsessively focusing on the fact that I didn't have gum. Somehow, I managed to close my eyes, breathe through it, and eventually it faded. I feel like I shouldn't have even had one, though. I feel like I should be better at reminding myself that having anxiety and eating anyway doesn't automatically mean vomit, but yet somehow I still freak out. I don't know whether to count this as a triumph or not, and I really shouldn't be patting myself on the back when I have so much more work to do still...but yeah this happened so :3?
    Being brave isn't the absence of fear. Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it.

Default Re: Don't know if this counts but...

I've been there. Not only am I emet but I have overall anxiety and depression. I get these panic attacks out of nowhere for no reason at all. They typically do not last long but I feel on edge for awhile when it happens. I only get really bad once every 3 or 4 months.