Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Night moves... anyone else think the same?

So generally each night before I go to bed, I try and make sure I have a bottle of water on my bedside, and a clear path to make it to the bathroom during the night should the need arise..
    Each night I am always plagued with the thought that I might wake up with violent nausea or worst still, a stomach bug that just ‘takes over’ and I have no time for action (to get to bathroom) or any form of control (to calm myself/relieve the nausea)
    Anyone else have a similar thought pattern?

Default Re: Night moves... anyone else think the same?

I keep grocery bags by my bed, in my purse and in the bathroom for this exact reason...in case of "at night," "at work" and "coming from both ends."

Is some of your fear based in the thought of having to clean it up/having it ruin your things as well?

I personally do not do anything like this. I feel like if I prepare myself for the worst that the worst will happen. So putting bags in my pockets or making a path to the bathroom or anything of the sort, I am telling myself that I will for sure *V and that there is no way that I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamandua View Post
    I keep grocery bags by my bed, in my purse and in the bathroom for this exact reason...in case of "at night," "at work" and "coming from both ends."

Is some of your fear based in the thought of having to clean it up/having it ruin your things as well?

Tamandua - yes, there is definitely that fear for me!

I do not do any of those things. If I feel yuck and have to drive somewhere, I take a small paper bag with me. Otherwise, I try to not obsess.