Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

AGH! My friend just callled to say that On Sat. her daughter had a terrible SV, then on Mon. she got it and v'ed every 15 minutes for 16 hours!!! They were over here at my house on SUNDAY, right in between the 2 days that they were sick!!!! Her daughter is in a play, and the studio closed down due to this virus running rampant through it!!! I HATE WINTER!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Just stay as calm as you can, as long as they werent ill at your house and you keep doing the usual emet rules of keeping clean, you should all be fine.

Its so annoying though isnt it, that she didnt tell you on Sunday before they visited then you could have put them off!! For some people its just not an issue, if only I could be like that!!

I will be thinking of you andkeeping my fingers crossed for luck.

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yikes - it feels like the viruses are everywhere. I wonder if an emet would be as sick if they caught this virus, though? I don't think so, but am not sure. I do know that, to date, I have never v'd more than about 3 times from a sv (and that was as a child.) Are these new bugs that much worse??

Donna: What state are you in?

I bet she was totally exaggerating about the every 15 minutes for 16 hours. Think about it...if you were V* that much you would have to go to the ER.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I agree with Mjewell... I think that would be physically impossible. She would have to have gone to the hospital in that case and they would have given her something to stop it. Just try to avoid people's stories and look toward spring.

Did the baby end up getting sick with the last virus that was in your house? I just remembered you were worried about that a while back.

\"This too shall pass\"

If her daughter was sick on Saturday, what were they doing at your house on Sunday. I agree with mjewell that if she probably embellished her V** episodes a bit. However, that does not negate that this is a nasty thing.

Hearing this just makes me so nervous. I am waiting for this to blowup around here. Usually from right before Valentine's Day until about March 1st, we get hit really hard. Then it dies down a bit and resurfaces again in April for another two week stint. I am just waiting.

You are now in "the wait." You will have to ride the storm. If by Friday morning no one in your house is sick, you can assume you are safe from the exposure to them. BUT ---- you could be exposed to someone else has this thing is so out there in the public.

Stella

Aw hon, I'm sure she's exaggerating on the v* - if she v*d every 15
    minutes for 16 hours that would mean she v* SIXTY-FOUR times! She
    would either be dead or in the hospital if she v* that many times. Not
    saying that it's not a nasty bug, I'm sure if she exaggerated that much
    she must have v* several or many times. But if she her dc was ill on
    Saturday and she was ill on Monday, it sounds like about 48 hours in
    between. If she was at your house on Sunday, if you all were going to
    get it that would have been around Tuesday, and luckily it's many hours
    past Tuesday. If you make it through today still healthy I'd say you're
    clear, and that if you WERE getting it you'd probably be having
    symptoms by now. Hang in there though - you're doing great!!

I agree with everyone else. It probably seemed like she v* that many times to her. Usually when I get a stomach virus I v* like every 2 hours for about 8-12 hours.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Stella, I am in that nasty wait with you too. We do have a few cases here but not that bad yet.

It's funny how this time of the year could literally put an emet in an institution. If I hear (or overhear by mistake) one more person say they had the sv I'm going to SCREAM!!!! It has now officially gone through my entire family ...thankgod I live in my own home with my husband. Some days I could just curl up in bed and never leave. I feel like I spend my entire day dodging the SV... worst part is that what I hear from the people that have already had it that it's not somethingthat you can catch only once and become immuned....IT COMES BACK!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I will agree, the timing of everything is enough to totally stress you out --- but today is Wednesday and you haven't been exposed since Monday. You are almost in the clear.

I do agree with others, the only way someone would V* that much is if they had something else going on. I have heard of Cyclic V*ing Syndrome that some children have that make them V* as much as the mother described, but I very much doubt that is what she was sick with (considering mom got sick 2 days later).

Do keep us posted...Another thing you might want to ask your friend is why she had her daughter hanging around others if she was actually THAT sick the night before. I mean, give me a break. Someone was dramatizing the experience a tad bit...
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know, every 15 minutes is ridiculous!!! And she's pregnant in her 1st trimester, and this is my friend that v's once a week for the most part, so it probably just hit her harder bacause of the pregnancy and the fact that she is a puker any way!! Her husband and son haven't gotten it yet!! SO that's reassuring!!