Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hey everyone...its so cool to know im not crazy, and there are other people out there who have this same problem....i dont even know why i feel like this. the last time i got sick was about 10 years ago, and have not come close since. last year my husband got food poisining, and he got very sick...we lived in a small apartment, and i could her everything. i was really freaking out. also, his fried ryan was over, and they were drinking. a while after that, his friend was getting sick outside on my porch. i refused to let him come inside...there have been other instances where ive been exposed to sickness...like my mom mixing codine and brandy...then getting sick, my uncle drinking too much...
    my sister came over for the superbowl, and was drinking. and i know that she usually gets sick when she drinks (thank God she didnt this time)...but i was still nervous she would...she knows about me being afraid of it, so she teases me about it, like saying shes going to.

i really hate this, being scared of something so dumb....if im afraid of v* then why am i not afraid of boogers, ar any other type of bodily function/fluid. i try to tell myself that its just food. but its just so gross.
    i am addicted to mint gum...i have to have a peice all times. especially right after i eat. its not like im going to get nausea, but it just makes me feel better.
    it sucks so bad. i can not wait to have kids and be pregnant, but of course, the only thing holding me back is the fear of getting sick....
    when i stop and think about it, its just so stupid to be afraid of something like this, but i am, and i need to get over it.

its awesome to know that im not the only one, and have someone who understands to talk to about it.

Yeah, I remember my mint gum phase. I don't even want to begin to count how many sticks of Wrigley's doublemint I chewed.
    A special thank you to my daughter Alyssa. Your strength and courage gives me great inspiration. Where I am weak, you are strong. I will always love you.

yeah, for me its extra...the silver and blue packaged one. cant remember what its called. it has the little blue things in it. it has to be peppermint for me. i dont think i have the problem as bas as others...my cats throw up all the time, and dosnt bother me at all. i think that since its been such a long time for me (since the last time i got sick), just that itsef is how i developed the phobia. alot of it is mental too...like if i feel nausea, theres things i can do to stop it. so most of the time, its all in my mind. I think that if i got sick at this age, id be able to handle it. its just a mind over matter thing. if you can get yourself to think that way, it wont be that big of a problem.