Hey All

Its been a little while. I've been working with a therapist to try to cure this phobia. This woman is absolutely amazing. I have never spoken to anyone so understanding in all my life. She is using this technique called Emotional Freedom Technique. There have been studies done on it, if any of you are interested in learning about it, there are tons of sites on the internet. Anyway, it sounds hoaky and I was skeptical at first for sure. Its similar to Acupuncture, but there are no needles involved. You use your fingertips to tap on certain pressure points in your body, such as your collarbone, your browbone area, temple, undereye, upperlip, lower lip, underarm, etc. Each point represents a meridian in your body, which in turn represents an emotion. For example, under your eye represents fear or anxiety. Anyway you go with what you're feeling, such as "I'm scared of throwing up" and you tap on eachspot until the anxiety for that goes down. I don't really know how it works and i realize that it sounds completely ridiculous, but I have used this for another situation and I swear on my LIFE, it turned me around. I left after one session feeling like a completely new person. To use it for this phobia may take awhile, but I'm willing to put the time in.

The reason I'm writing, aside from offering you guys this bit of info on this technique, is that shehad asked me an interesting question and she wanted me to think about it before our next session. She wanted to know what I thought my life would be like WITHOUT this phobia. She has a feeling Iam afraid of that. And I think i am. For x amount of years I have been petrified of vomiting. I have molded my life into rituals, behaviours, thoughts, etc, so that I can avoid vomiting, catching the flu, etc, at all costs. What would Ibe like if suddenly I woke up and wasnt afraid anymore?Is that thought scary to any of you?

I guess I'm just curious to know how you guys would all react if you suddenly were rid of this godforsaken fear. I knowat first glance I think I would be absolutely ecstatic. But then my whole life would change. I would have to alter my way of living TOTALLY. I guess I would almost feel empty because I would be rid of all those thoughts,and behaviours. my mind would feel empty because I'm so used to thinking about it all the time.

I was wondering if I could have your input on this... I think its aninteresting concept.

Thanks...

Lisa