Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: timeofthemonth!

ladies,
    do any of you experience MEAN MEAN horrible cramps like right on your first day of menstruation....
    i started feeling some cramping earlier on today so i quickly poppd 2 ibprofin and started my two hour ride from school to home. they just kept getting worse so when i got home(practically ubable to stand up straight) ..i took two more and started freaking out horribly bad. i got very very lightheaded, nauseous, heavy breathing, really hot..allthat. so i get a heating pad and lay down.. and try and do deep breathing and nothing at all was helping... and then i feel lik ei have to go to the bathroom so i go..and its some really bad constipation(which i dont often have)...

so then fine. so im sort of upset about the whole thing. an di go lay down again. and i feel like 800 trucks have hit me with tiredness, and i just got really really fatigued..and i layed there thinking i CAUGHT something...

so an hour later i am finally stable enough to get on my computer..
    and im wondering....
    do any of you experience anything like that?
    what do you take for your cramps?
    do you experience really crazy fatigue all the sudden like that???

ugh!

That is how it is for me every month. The first and second days of my period, I get such bad cramps I usually stay in bed and then the d* hits. It sucks, and I am sure that is what is wrong with you, I don't think you have pick up anything except your monthly bill!

I get everything you say except the cramps...i have never been one to cramp much with my period...but i do get the fatigue and the weakness and the diarrhea and i always feels like i have a stomach bug either right before/during/or after my period...i have had these same weird symptoms for at least 10 yrs. now...and no doc has been able to help...but surely your doc could give you something for those bad cramps...i would call and make appt. as soon as possible....
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

LIZ,

I am 39 years old, and had horrible periods until I finally had a hysterectomy a couple of years ago, and couldn't be happier!!!! I don't know how old you are though, and it's a drastic measure, but for me was necessary. In your case, here's what I'd do:

You can take PAMPRIN, which works pretty good, and the miracle I found was to have a cup of hot tea with about a teaspoon of ground ginger mixed in. It tastes weird, but works sooooooo good. Hope this helps, and I feel for you!!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I went off the pill a few months ago, and every month since, I fell worse and worse on the first day. Bad cramps, hot, grugly stomach, tired and so on. It really sucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For me, I feel the
    worst the 3 days before my period hits. I feel like I have a stomach
    bug, my intestines go all out of wack (major gassy-ness) and I just get
    all..gurgly. And I always think, omygod, I caught a bug, but then a bit
    later, the reason annouces itself and everything subsides. I'm on my
    heaviest day today (3rd day) and feel nothing. For me, its not so much
    the cramps, but the, yuck feeling, all gassy, acid-y, etc.

Feel better! I'm also going to keep a heads up on this thread for remidies!</font>

isnt being a gal wonderful? haha ( I wouldnt change it for the world, regardless of all the crap we have to deal with)
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I am not missing my time of the month at all! I think that is the best part of being pregnant! The pill definitely helped calm my cramping down, but after I got off I went back to getting horrible cramps liek you said. I did often wonder if I was coming down with something too. WHat I found to work best for me is Extra Strength Midol. If I took it immediately, even before the cramps started, I usually either wouldn't get them or they would be very mild. If I waited too long though, the Midol never completely took it away, but it did help me feel better. The other thing that works well for cramps is those ThermaCare Menstrual Patches. They are like heating pads that stick to your skin. They really help and you can wear them under your clothes while you are out and no one can tell.

A note about the Midol though -I would usually take it every 6 hours or whatever the directions said for the first 2 or 3 days of my period. The problem was though that Midol has caffeine in it, so as soon as I stopped takin ghte Midol every month I would get killer headaches from the lack of caffeine. I could get rid of them though by either taking some Excedrin or drinking a Coke or Mountian Dew or something with a lot of caffeine.

I hope you feel better!

liz, your symptoms sound the same as mine. I get bad cramps, fatigue, migraines, constipation, gas, bloated...you name it. I have found that my birth control has helped with the cramps a lot and it makes my period about 3 days shorter. I take Yasmin. Anyway, Midol helps me too but I can only take half the regular dosage. The caffeine in it makes me WILD! And I can drink caffeine drinks all day and not be that hyperactive.
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

another good pain killers is naproxen, it's an over the counter muscle
    relxer it won't do anything for the other problems but it will
    definitely help with the cramps, because they can't cramp up if they're
    relaxed right?

Does any one get heart burn with their cramps?

I do but I've got pretty bad acid reflux disease...so yeah

When i'm due to 'come on' I get the worst tiredness imaginable. My bones &amp; muscles feel like i've done ten rounds with Mike Tyson &amp; I get very weepy if I have to make the kids dinners. I also get so hot! I sweat &amp; feelreallyunclean Then on the day of starting &amp; get very bad cramps &amp; a n* feeling - like a lump in my throat &amp; a lil bit of d*..

Sometimes I wish I was a man [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]LOL All they have to do is shave a few times a week... I could cope with that!