Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation is this covid or allergies?

i dont usually suffer from allergies but my partner and i have been suffering the same "symptom." ive been congested for almost two weeks straight. sometimes my throat feels clogged with mucus but it usually goes away. today i woke up and my throat is incredibly clogged with mucus. it doesnt hurt (it does sometimes when i clear it, probably because ive been clearing it so much. didnt hurt earlier) but it just feels clogged. i feel fine otherwise besides my anxiety. i havent been around anyone sick lately and i just got tested friday and it came back negative yesterday. im still so scared it's covid. any thoughts/reassurance?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: is this covid or allergies?

It sounds a lot like seasonal allergies, sometimes with allergies you can get nasal congestion and throat soreness. Have you taken any allergy medications or decongestants? As long as you don't have a fever or any other kinds of severe symptoms it should just be an allergy issue.

It could be allergies or a sinus infection. If you don't have a fever, you may be able to get by with tylenol sinus or flonase.

if you are worried get a covid test, at least u will know, my friend thought he had a cold ended up being covid, people on here can't reassure you, but a test will. Sorry you already had a test, prob a cold then.
    Last edited by zombie0037; 08-20-2020 at 11:40 PM.