Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My mom was sick last weekend. She swears it was food posioning. We were supposed to go over to her house on Sunday for dinner, but because she was sick she didn't have the dinner. She was out of town all week, and just got back last night. My dad and sister who live with her did not get sick. She is completely fine now. My question is: she wants to have the dinner this weekend instead, on Sunday - would you go? It's for my husband's birthday, so they can't really have the dinner without us. Do you think it would be safe to goover then by then? And eat food prepared by my mom?

Was she v*? It very well may have been food posioning. I would go, it's been a week, and if your dad and sister are not sick I wouldn't worry. If your really worried about eating the food, just tell your family when you sit down for dinner that you all of a sudden don't feel well from the pregnancy and then you won't even have to worry about eating the dinner.

I would probably go to, I mean it has been a week. Did she get the food poisoning from food she prepared herself? Or was it from some other source? And think of it this way if you are worried about her preparing food, have you ever gotten sick from it before? My mom's cooking is like one of the ONLY things I ever eat that is prepared by someone else. (Excluding some resturants). You should go and enjoy yourself.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

If she's been out of town all week, she must feel fine and be back to normal. I also think the "incubation" time for the rest of the family to get it has come and gone. I think it'll be fine. Plus, Sunday is two more days away, if no one gets it by then, I'd say you're way in the clear, and have fun!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

i would go. if the people that live with her haven't gotten sick and it's been a week, i'm sure you're in the clear!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

She was v* (and d*) and my mom does NOT v*. This is only the 2nd time in her life sheremembers ever v*. And, yes, it was food she prepared herself. It was eggs which she leaves the yolks runny because she likes to dip her toast in them. She said they didn't taste right, but she ate them anyway. The threw the rest of the carton of eggs away already, so I know there is no chance she will be using those eggs again. She is going ot make lasagne. She was pretty much fine by Sunday, it hit her Saturday night/early Sunday morning so she was just really tired and dehydrated on Sunday, but she was able to eat already by then. She was really only sick for about 12 hours, so it probably was just the eggs. I know I really should just go, that there is no reason not to, really, but I have been so irrational lately.

Sillygirl,

Eating runny eggs is practically an invitation for salmonella. It is inevitable that you will get it sooner or later. If you've seen my poll in another thread, you know that the vast majority of emets eat their meat well done. I suspect runny eggs and pink chicken are not popular among emets.

Be glad you know what the cause of her vomiting was. You should go to her house now and have nothing to fear.

Doug

Just agreeing w/ the others. If your dad and sister who live there never got it AND she has been fine for a week AND ate runny eggs (YUCK!) than you should definitely be fine going this w/e. I know how hard it is to worry but really I think it was the eggs. Eww!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I think you'll be okay, but as someone mentioned. You could always use
    your pregnancy as an excuse and say you don't really feel like eating.
    Just be sure to eat something before you go if you decide to do that
    because you wouldn't want your grumbling stomach to give you away if
    you plan on telling people you aren't hungry.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]