Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

my boyfriend and i had plans to spend the weekend at my vacation home, about two hours from where i live. we carpool to school a few days a week and today when i got in the car i noticed he looked pale and very tired.he told me that he had v*d twice in the middle of the night and then again this morning immediately after he ate some toast! as you can imagine, i flipped out, called my mother to pick me up after class, and cancelled this weekends plans. he isn't speaking to me now. he thinks i'm overreacting and doesn't understand why i'm so upset. was this too drastic? i feel bad cancelling our plans but i know if i never would have asked why he looked so crappy this morning, he never would have told me. shouldi call and apologize and go away with him this weekend anyway? i don't know what to do[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

\"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Blondie,

I don't blame you at all for flipping out and leaving. If he knows you're an emet, he should have told you beforehand that he was sick.

Doug

Just tell him that since he wasn't feeling well, he really should rest for the weekend. There will be other weekends, please dont worry about it.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

thank you both. if anybody's wrong i think it's him because he know's i'm an emet and he should understand how i feel. he still won't talk to me but i'm sure it won't last! thanks again[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

\"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

It can be difficult for non-emets to understand why we react so
    strongly to these things, and since he was sick as is his
    patience is probably pretty lacking.

However, I can't help but wonder why the hell he was going to school if he couldn't even keep his breakfast down.

I agree tell him that since he's sick he needs to rest this weekend,
    and then once he's better and you guys talk say you're sorry if was
    offended but also that he knows you have a problem with that kind of
    thing.

He should understand your feelings knowing your an emet and all, I don't think you were unreasonable in the slightest.. If he's ill he shouldnt be going out anyway - should be resting!

As you said, if theres anyone in the wrong its him!
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

hi

i would probably have reacted the same however non emets do not allways realise to what extent you fear V* and some people probably will never understand my partner still does not 7 years later

You reacted fine! He shouldn't have exposed you to that sickness in the first place, and he shouldn't be exposing other people at school. He should understand espescially since he knows you're an emet. But, also, when you start talking with him again, let him know you care about his health and really want him to get better. Maybe ask him out to something next weekend too? Good luck.

seems like he should have stayed home and cancelled plans himself - regardless of whether you are an emet or not. He just needs to take care of himself and keep his germs to himself.

But - one thing I am starting to realize it that non-emets aren't really phased by being sick and don't think it should interfere with their day. If that happened to an emet, we would plan on staying home for days on end. But that's one of the differences, i guess.

But not telling you of his sickness seems inconsiderate at best to you - when he is feeling better, maybe you should have a good chat about your feelings about this and what you need from him in these cases in the future.

thanks so much for your replies everyone :-) we resolved things and i can tell that he really doesn't feel well, so he's agreed that this weekend isn't going to work out. i also tried to explain to him that i really am sincerely petrified of getting sick and even though i wish that wasn't the case, it's just who i am and it's wrong of him to try andhidehis being sick from me.i just wish he understood my fear more than he does. nobody except us know what this is like! naturally, i am in a state of panic right now because i'm almost positive he has a sv* and i've been around him enough to catch it. and he says he understands, but i know he thinks i'm crazy for being so nervous. blah, this phobia sucks[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]