Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default COVID vaccine (side effects?)

Has anyone here had the COVID vaccine yet?

Which one did you get?

Did you have any side effects?

You know the one I'm especially worried about. DREADED VOMITING!!!

I've been reading material about the prevalence of nausea and/or vomiting from the vaccine. Pfizer reports the rate of vomiting from theirs, and it's less than 2 percent. Moderna reports nausea or vomiting together, and it's as high as 23 percent. They don't say what the rate of vomiting is. I feel like I'm being lied to. I'm worrying that the Moderna vaccine has a high rate of vomiting and they're reporting it together with nausea to cover it up.

The Moderna side effects study has 36 authors on it. Don't those 36 people know that nausea and vomiting are different things?

Please help. I'm worried about this.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: COVID vaccine (side effects?)

Moderna. 10 days ago. Chills, dull headache, muscle aches, extreme fatigue. 24 hours. No stomach issues, but my appetite was a bit dulled.

I get the 2nd shot in 18 days. I'll report back on the 2nd shot.

My view is that 24 - 48 hours of side effects are better than getting COVID. I have ginger ale and saltines just in case.

Also, I asked the nurse at the clinic and she said she hadn't heard much about stomach issues. She told me pretty much everybody either had a sore arm or the side effects I listed above. She said if I was worried to get ginger ale and crackers.

After the research I did last night, I decided I wouldn't have the moderna vaccine. So I called my Pharmacy this morning and found out they only use Pfizer. So I decided to go ahead with it. So far I'm feeling fine. I don't know if I'll be able to get some sleep tonight worrying about you know what.

I'm sure you will be fine. Side effects kick in within like 4 hours.

I think you’ll be fine. Working at a hospital, I know tons of people who have gotten the vaccine. Quite a few of them have had side effects, and the vast majority were fatigue, low grade fever, headache, and/or muscle aches. Almost everyone had a sore arm. Only one person I know of v*, and she had covid not too long before getting the vaccine, which makes the side effects from dose #1 worse.

I hope you get some good sleep tonight, because I truly don’t think you need to worry about v*!

Surely taking vaccine with mild side effects is better than catching coronavirus and having life threatening sideeffects, which yes can cause vomiting, maybe you should lay of the research and trust the medical scientist.

I stayed up all Tuesday night into Wednesday watching for side effects. About 12 hours after the shot, my arm started to hurt. 24 hours later, my arm is back to normal. No other side effects.

Thank you for your support. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Member deleted
    Last edited by witsend87; 02-08-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Doug I’m SO PROUD of you for facing your fear and getting this vaccine!! Bravo, well done! I’m not in an age group or profession that is offered the vaccine yet, but I know I’ve been nervous about the thought of getting it. I admire your courage. Just so you know, my mom got the Pfizer shot. The first one made her tired, achy for an afternoon. She was nervous about the second one because she heard some people experienced more side effects and felt absolutely nothing from it. I know a handful of people who got it, and the second one, no one v or d. Be so proud of yourself!!!

Moderna here, no n/v! I work in a hotspot hospital and no one I know has v* from the vaccine! We mostly use Moderna because it’s easier to store.

I had my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday and I'm not going to lie, it's been a rough 24 hours. 101 fever, intense chills and full body shakes, muscle aches, fatigue. But no v and only a touch of n when the headache kicked in. Tylenol got that under control.

Don't let side effects stop you from getting vaccinated. The nurse said that people are getting n or v from the headache, so if you take Tylenol to stave off the headache, you should be fine. N and v are not symptoms of the regular part of the vaccine in and of itself, if that makes sense. It's tied to the headache and not everyone gets one. Mine was mild.

I came on here to see if anyone was discussing the vaccine. I thought I'd add to this conversation - my mother just received her second dose yesterday and is experiencing fever, chills, and nausea 12 hours later. She is emetophobic too, or at least I believe that's how I developed it...I don't know if anything else has happened since I lasts spoke with her. Sucks because I really planned on getting the vaccine and now I don't know if I can mentally handle it.

See above. I had the same. Key is to take Tylenol to and hydrate with electrolytes.

Hey everybody - it's great to see how many Americans have access to the vaccine! Here in Canada we're WAY BEHIND YOU. Something about allowing more vaccines to flow into the 3rd world. Anyway, our health care workers are vaccinated and the side effects are mild, short-term and different for everyone. So it doesn't really help to ask random people how they did with it because you have no idea. As for vomiting, I can bet you dollars to donuts that no emetophobe will vomit from a vaccine. Of any kind. Some people vomit for any old reason at all. Not us! As well, the vaccine is no where near as bad as getting Covid! Which is the point of it. You don't want to avoid the vaccine and then everyone is partying and going to sports games and you get Covid.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Exactly Sage!!!!

My in-laws' friends (another couple) had their second shot the other day and apparently the wife felt wretched with "nausea" the next morning, so hearing that definitely made my heart jump. Don't know which vaccine they got, unfortunately. When I finally get mine, I'll be pulling an all-nighter for sure, waiting like a nervous wreck for side effects to kick in. Very curious to hear the Johnson & Johnson side effects, news of which hopefully will be coming out in a few days.

I have had both doses of Moderna and didn't have more than a sore arm with either. I kept waiting for the dreaded effects after the second dose but I felt perfect.

I work in healthcare and know a lot of people who have had the vaccine. I only know of one personally who had nausea after his Pfizer second dose. The rest mainly complained of headaches, fatigue, body aches, and low fevers.