Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: HOW LONG???

Does anyone know how long it takes from actually 'catching' or 'ingesting' sv* germs to being s* or having d*??

My son has been at school Mon - Thurs (I kept him off Fri cos he had a 'messy poo' Thurs night) & I was wondering if theres any chance the sv* that is passing round could happen this weekend or the beginning of next week??

The last time he was exposed to anyone who could have been harbouring it was Thurs so I was wondering if its a case of 24hrs/48/72?

Any help would be appreciated please... i'm panicking & feelvery anxious...Edited by: sneezymonkey

Hey sneezymonkey, can understand y u r worrying, it can be as early as 12 hours after ingesting the sv* but is normally 24 hours to 48, your son would definitely be showing other symptoms because in children they would show the V* and D* around 12 hours.
    kath x

*Phew* Thank you for easing my mind a little. We've been shopping today & I bought him some of his fave footy cards & he's on the top of the world - eating a big dinner & asking for more. Hopefully now the school is closed for a weeks holiday it may die down.. & I can relax a little...

Glad to av eased ur mind, i think the schools being closed will definitely clear everything up, it normally does at this time of year, and then wen all the children go back we'll be on r way to being in spring and there are very little SV* then. Take care

kath x