Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: just curious..

does anybody have any other phobias besides this one? i for one am terrified of clowns. i'm not really sure why, it started at the circus when i was three and since then i cannot even look at one without getting dizzy and n*. i think it's called caulrophobia, and it's probably a little worse than my emetophobia! just curious to see if there are other people with multiple phobias, let me know!

\"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I've suffered agorophobia in the past.

I hate clowns too but I wouldn't say it was so bad to be called a phobia. If somebody is dressed as a clown I get really uneasy and if they come near me I have to move very quickly inthe oppsoite direction! I'm the same with anybody in a mask - those old people masks are the scariest. I remember being forced to have my photo taken with Rupert The Bear (man dressed as him anyway!) when I was about two andbawled my eyes out at the thought. Mum then said ok don't worry we'll not and tricked me by swapping places with Rupert so that he was pushing me in my pushchair. When I looked round and saw him I screamed bloody murder and the fear of people dressed as bears/clowns etcor wearing masks has stayed with me! I still have that picture - it looks like I am laughing and enjoying being pushed by that damned bearbut I'm actually screaming and quite terrified!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I have a phobia of all insects. But I'd rather deal with insects, than v*!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Agraphobia, germs, public bathrooms, being around anyone ill...

Feck knows if they have names,but theres a few to speak of

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heights and deep, dark water freak me out!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Violet...I'm with you, but I think it all relates to being and EMET and not much more....germs, publiv toliets and anything dealing with potential V*, scares me to death.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Im not a great fan of spiders and I do find myself becoming more agrophobic day by day..

But my main phobia is Emet. and everything that comes with it:
    <UL>
    <LI>Doctors</LI>
    <LI>Hospitals</LI>
    <LI>Sick people</LI>
    <LI>Long journies with people I don't know or travel sick people</LI>
    <LI>College if there is a SV going around</LI>
    <LI>Nightclubs</LI>
    <LI>Parties</LI>
    <LI>Busy Bars/Pubs on a Fri/Sat</LI>
    <LI>Airplane travel</LI>
    <LI>Public toilets</LI>[/list]

...and so on [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Ahh alas, one day we'll all have gotten the help to overcome these fears and look back and laugh [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

If I counted everything I was phobia for reasons related to emetophobia
    it would be a LONG list. So if there's something I'm phobic of, unless
    it's completely unrelated to my fear of v*ing I just consider it part
    of emetophobia.

Therefore my only other one is arachniphobia, but at the moment the emetophobia is 100 times worse.

I'm also mildly hypochondriac, but ther than that there's not much. I
    sometimes get light vertigo, and I find clowns creepy but not to the
    level where I'm phobic of them.

<br style="font-weight: bold;">
    tcsarah: </span>Your story is so
    funny. I swear people dressed up as clowns, or bears, or other types of
    those big costumes are one of the cruelest things about childhood. I
    always dispised them. I was so happy when I was 11 and I hit 5 feet
    tall so that they'd actually leave me alone and not try to wave at me
    or anything.

Edited by: chicajojobe

Quote Originally Posted by chicajojobe
    tcsarah: Your story is so funny. I swear people dressed up as clowns, or bears, or other types of those big costumes are one of the cruelest things about childhood. I always dispised them. I was so happy when I was 11 and I hit 5 feet tall so that they'd actually leave me alone and not try to wave at me or anything.

Lol! We have a chain of restaurants here that have a bear as their mascot as they are a family orientated restaurant. We went for a meal a couple of years ago and there was somebody dressed in a full bear costume which scared the bejabbers out of me. Of course the bear had to single me out and come sneeking up behind me, I nearly pooped myself! I've not been back to eat there since!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I have a fear of heights too.. Not looking down from things, mine is looking UP at things.. If I stand in front of a high rise building &amp; look up , I get very wobbly &amp; nauseous &amp; have to look away.. strange as I can look down from aeroplanes &amp; not feel scared at all.. I was born strange lol [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I have a very strangefear of tomatoes. Iam not surewhere it came from, but if anyone serves me a dinner with tomatoes on the plate I become very uneasy and cannot eay any of the meal. I can eat bolognaise or lasagne, it is just whole tomatoes. The sight and smell of them just sends me into a state. I do not really think this a phobia, just me being a bit strange.

My other real fear is blood. I do not cope well if one of my children cut themselves and I cannot watch those horrible hospital progerammes. I once went to donate blood and ended up passing out. I was fine until the doctor held the finished donation in front of me. I can, however, cope much better with blood than I can with v*

Quote Originally Posted by sneezymonkey
    I have a fear of heights too.. Not looking down from things, mine is looking UP at things.. If I stand in front of a high rise building &amp; look up , I get very wobbly &amp; nauseous &amp; have to look away.. strange as I can look down from aeroplanes &amp; not feel scared at all.. I was born strange lol [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

i have the exact same thing! i never really bothered to consider it a fear of heights but you're right, it is! i go to manhattan some weekends for dinner and i get woozy looking up at all the sky scrapers. and even those giant blow-up jungle gyms that kids have at birthday parties scare me. they're not that big but the fact that they're so unstable and woobly really freaks me out.
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Californiagirl: I have a thing with deep dark water too. I don't know what it is. Even being in the deep end of a pool and knowing I can't touch the bottom freaks me out. Or even being on a boat sometimes. I start to wonder how deep we are!!

I'm also afraid of heights (but I'll go on rollercoasters), closed in places, spiders, suffocating. That's all I can think of now. My husband thinks I'm afraid of everything. Whatever.lol

Quote Originally Posted by princessmel

Californiagirl: I have a thing with deep dark water too. I don't know what it is. Even being in the deep end of a pool and knowing I can't touch the bottom freaks me out. Or even being on a boat sometimes. I start to wonder how deep we are!!

Wanna hear something real freaky? There's the historical boat in Long Beach, CA called the QUEEN MARY, and when I was a kid my dad took us to go tour it. Well there's this one room you can go into, there's a border around the room that you can walk along, and the middle of the floor is no floor at all, it's the ocean!!!! You walk along a rail that overlooks the HUGE propeller under the water!! It is the scariest thing!!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I'm scared of Clowns too. I remember this one time I was in Las Vegas with my family and we were going to see Cirque De Solie (Sp?) Anyway we were waiting outside the door with a big croud of people. I was trying to push through the crowd to get to my mom when someone grabbed me from behind. I freaked out and tried to get away, everyone else was just laughing, I turned around and it was this big freaky clown thing grabbing on to me. Then a guy came by and took a picture of me with the clown, for a souvenier right? So after the show we went to see what the picture looked like, and I looked like a deer caught in the headlights of a truck.

I'm also Claustraphobic, and I have the fear of the number 13. I know what it's called but I don't know how to spell it. Also I can't do anything in the multiples of three, like If I only have 3 cookies I can only eat two of them. I'm strange. I also don't step on cracks in the sidewalk. I used to be afraid of heights but I'm not really that scared any more, except for on this one bridge that we sometimes have to cross by car...I've seen SO MANY Accidents on that bridge that I HATE driving across it.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Cockroaches. I'd forgotten about this since I hadn't seen one in quite a while. But the other night I saw a big black one on the wall in my garage. My stomach did flip flops! Even though I know they're harmless I'm terrified and repulsed by them.

Nikki

monica, if that would have happened to me i would have needed to be hospitalized! that's terrible. for halloween i went to a frat party with my friends and the entire time i was panicking that someone dressed as a clown would show up. eventually, it happened. and what made it even worse was that no one knew who he was! it was a pretty small, invite only party, and no one had any idea who the person dressed as a killer clown was. turned out he was a 24 year old grad student that found out about the party and wanted to freak everybody out. my friends told him how frightened i was and he followed me around the entire night!! i got so fed up eventually that i broke out into tears and asked my friend who lives in the house to make him leave. scary!!!!

I HATE clowns. I wouldn't go so far as to say it is a phobia, but I avoid them. I won't take my son to the circus, although there are other reasons for that too.

I AM phobic of heights, don't like, don't wanna be in a situation where I there. Don't like things like ski lifts, or glass elevators.

Anyway, my few things, aside from emet related things!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I don't like heights either, nearly passed out once on a school trip visiting a castle as we had to go right to the top. Ferris wheels scare the crap out of me and i can't even look at one, so there is no way i would ever go on the London eye even though everyone says it's fantastic! It's weird really as i love to fly and i'd love to do a parachute jump one day..........can't really make that one out

Another thing i am slightly phobic about is going over bridges and going through tunnels, especially when it is over or under water..........just thinking about it gives me the heebie jeebies

Don't like big caterpillars either, can't stand the way they sort of ripple as the move along *shudders*

I am afraid of bugs, especially bees and spiders and crickets. Anything that can jump or get away fast if you try to kill it. I'm so scared of bees and wasps that I hardly go outdoors in the spring/summer. Which is bad, since my son LOVES to be outside.

I'm also scared of deep water!!! If I can't touch the bottom, forget it. Being around deep water or just looking at it on TV or through a window or something freaks me out too. And if I'm on the shallow end of a pool but I know the deep end is still over there, it scares me. So does the ocean, for the same reason. I can swim fine though.

I swear princessmel, sometimes I read yourposts and I believe that we are the same person. I really do.
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

Hmm..I'm scared of a LOT of things...if I stare at my hands and think too much, I can scare myself..I'm such a pathetic being -_-;; Erm, for phobias..I've got social Anxiety. I'm deathly afraid of heights. Even standing on a chair and looking down makes me nervous. -_-;; I'm scared of going places by myself. I think I have just an anxiety problem. You know what my doctor told my mom? "Sometimes smart kids just got coocoo (spelling?)" Lol. xD I dont call myself smart, butI am an over achiever. Oh yes, I'm scared of bugs. No matter the size, it must be kept away from me. I'm afraid of scary things lol, for example, movies, stories. I'm afraid of violence. Can't watch violence. Scares me like crazy xD.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Californiagirl: That does sound creepy.lol When was the last time you were there? I don't know what it is about water.lol

Quote Originally Posted by princessmel
    Californiagirl: That does sound creepy.lol When was the last time you were there? I don't know what it is about water.lol

I was last there when I was a kid, but hubby was watching the History Channel one night, and it was about the Queen Mary boat. They showed inside that room!!!!! I had to look away from the TV, and got the chills!! EEWWWW! I also freak out when they show the ice glaciers on TV, and show how they look under water. AGGHH!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~