Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: pms help

Just got my monthly visitor today and I'm in COMPLETE PAIN. Last month I had a bad expierence with Midol Complete that almost made me v. So I took some Womens Tylenol thats supposed to be for cramps and itscaffeine free. I took 1 and a half tablet and that usually knocks out the cramps. I took it about fifteen minutes ago and its NOT helping yet. THESE ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!!! I'm almost in tears. And I can't stop pooping. It just hurts so bad. WHY ISNT THE MEDICINE KICKING IN? WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE THIS PAIN STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Oh my gosh, I can totally sympathize. Heating pads are woooonderful!!! Try putting a heating pad on your stomach and maybe curl up for a nap. Hmm..I guess you aren't supposed to fall asleep with those, are you? Well, be careful - but it works! Also, Aleve works pretty well!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

I can so sympathize with you!! When I start to feel like that, I try a heating pad or one of those heating patches. If that still doesn't work, I take the hottest shower that I can possibly stand. The hot water makes me feel better and calms me down.

I hope you feel better

Danielle

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">Those were my suggestions too I use to double over with cramps they were soo bad I was put on the pill. Heating pads, hot bath/hot shower, those warming patches they have out now. If the pain is SUPER bad and you have had ANY sexual encountersI would go to the doctors or emerg just in case it is a tubal pregnancy sometimes the bleeding comes with SUPER BAD cramps and that is what it is. It happened to my neighbout in fact about 2 months ago.
    BIg hugs I hope you are feeling better really soon.</TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Hey girl how are you doing?

Remember that pain meds dont kick in instantly! they need time to get into your blood stream go give it some more time.

Id take the others advice and use a heting pad..seems to work wonders for me. Another option is get some exercize..even if its just laps around the house..that always helped me too..

let us know how your doing!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

I can totally relate, I get the worst cramps in the world! Try to get your
    hands on a playtex heating pad, they work wonders! Last month, I put on
    one of those, popped three advil, and didn't feel any pain at all after that,
    it was amazing.
    Also, try to keep moving around. When I'm at work and I have my period,
    just moving around helps a lot.
    I know what you're going through, and I hope you feel better! *hugs!*
    <font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.</font>
    —Seneca</font>

Gosh don't we all wish that pain killers took immediate affect!!! I'm all for an IV and some instant morphine when I get horrible cramps!

I've found that the best thing to do during my cramping is pretty well exactly what everyone else has said. Heat of any kind can work wonders. I typically lay down on a couch with the leg on the side of my cramps propped up on the top and a heating pad on the area of pain. Also, get in a hot shower with a large sized cupand lay or sit down at the bottom of the tub, put water in the cup and repeatedly pour the water on the site of your cramps.... also, filling the cup with hot water and setting it on thetenderest spot tends to help too because it mixes the heat and the pressure.... it really helps though!

Other than that... just try your best to relax... nothing makes cramps worse than tensing up your muscles (which is natural with pain). That's easier said than done, but at least try not to let yourself tense up.

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

I sympathise, I used to have hours n hours I could barely stand up before I went on the pill. u might wanna consider that, its pretty good.

Otherwise Ibuprofen and Paracetomal (cant spell) taken at the same time works pretty good. u wont OD becuase Ibuprofen is asprin based. Also try n get some exercise when ur on n ur not in pain. I dunno why but it seems to make the pains less bad when they do come.

I agree with everything that has been said!! But I'l say it again!! Heat is great. I dont have a hot water bottle/heating pad so I usually just curl up in bed or lie down for 30mins. Also I find exercise great, I always hate sport at school when i'm on but actually it helps. I like the idea of jogigng round the house (not sure who said that) I usually jump around while listening to some music.

Its nasty to have cramps, especially in this weather! If they do get too bad and its a regular thing you could maybe see your doctor about goijg on the pill.

Good luck!