Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Everyone,
    I got back from my family trip to FLA. and everything went well. The flights were great, kids did fine. I worried a lot there but...
    Anyway, I have to run something by you all. I was in the hot tub at the hotel and this older guy (50s) started telling us there that last year he had sushi with friends and later went into the hot tub. He said he was soooo sick after that. All his friends had the same food and were fine and didn't go in the hot tub. He says that the hot tub "cooked" the sushi inside him and caused bacteria to form and made him sick. Is this possible??? I don't think so but what do you all think??

HAHAHA! Omg that was funny! Although totally rediculous...

First off the human body is already hot. 98.6 degrees remember? For the
    hot tub to be able to "cook" the sushi deep inside his body it would
    have to be so hot that it would fry, or I guess in this case boil [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] through him first. (ie: he'd be dead long before it reached what was in his stomach)

Secondly the human mouth, and intestines are already filled with
    bacteria so they'd still be there whether he went in the hot tub or not.

Most likely what happened was that he was sick with something. Perhaps
    a sv that was not related to the sushi, but he just started relating
    that v*ing experience with getting in the hot tub. Like how a lot of
    associate certain clothes we wore last time we were sick with v*ing.

Or it is certainly possible that the heat from the hot tub made him
    nauseus. Getting overheated can easily cause nausea in people who are
    healthy and in people who are already sick it can make it worse.

Something tells me you already know the answer to this one and you're just looking for a little reassurance. I promise you this one is not true.
    A special thank you to my daughter Alyssa. Your strength and courage gives me great inspiration. Where I am weak, you are strong. I will always love you.

My Guess? He ate something else that disagreed with him, he drank too much, he got too warm in the hot tub afte drinking and eating sushi, he was ill with something else or any of the above. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

One can only hope that this guy was merely joking around. He can't really believe that is what happened to him?!?

Yeah, I thought that whole story was a little "fishy." I don't even eat sushi. The fear stops me.

I have a friend who gets sick easily. Sometimes if she takes too hot of a bath she actually has to get out and vomit. We have no idea why she does this, but it happens to her quite often. weird. Maybe he's like her? I'm sure it was not because of the Sushi/ hot tub combo! LOL!
    \"This too shall pass\"

lol the things some people come up with...

he probably had a sv or something, or maybe the sushi just didn't agree with him
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state