Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am having a major panic attack right now. I am shaking, and my stomach is turning. All day long I felt a little nausous, and tonight Scott and I made a Valentines dinner, I had a steak, and now I am feeling sick. It's been about 3hrs since I ate the steak. I don't know what is going on. I can't calm down, I keep thinking I got food poisoing. I can't shake this feeling. I haven't felt this way in months, and I am so scared I am going to v*. My stomach feel hot and I can feel stuff slouching around. I feel really nausous and I am really scared. Scott is trying to calm me down, but I can't. Help someone!!!

You have to try really hard to relax. Remember that sometimes we can cause ourselves to feel sick just because of constant worry. You could just have a case of indigestion and somedays people's digestive systems are just a little off. If Scott feels fine, then I wouldn't worry about the steak or anything like that.

What helps you to relax? Maybe he could give you a foot rub? A back rub? Put in a movie or take a hot bath. Just don't let yourself go into panic mode. You will be okay. You're a strong person and you have support there with you. Relaxing right now is key. If you can become relaxed, then you would be able to really listen to what your stomach is trying to tell you.

Take some deep breaths and tell yourself that you ARE going to be okay.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I am doing a little better now. Scott gave me a foot rub and I watched some tv. I relaxed a little bit, but my stomach still feels a bit off. I hate these panic attacks. And what really sucks is that when I do panic, I do breathing techniques and I can't take deep breaths, I am still hurtin from my surgery. I don't know what it is, I just don't feel right. I am going to continue to watch some tv and maybe play a video game and they should take my mind off things. Thanks Shiva.

I'm glad your feeling better! maybe a good "end" to a valentines supper might make you feel better? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Not doing good now!!! I am getting shaky again and my stomach is turning and turning. I can't sit still. I feel like I am going to have d* too, but nothing in coming out. I tried eating crackers, mints, nothing is working. I took a Benadryl, but I am scared to sleep, what if I wake up in the middle of the night sick??? It's like if I don't sleep than it won't happen. I am going crazy right now, help!!

I know how you feel. I felt the same way the other night after too many pieces of cheesecake/cookies/junk food. I felt sick all night and it was more than usual, but it DID go away. Ihad the big D, everything, it was gross.If something isnt agreeing with your stomach it will likely just pass on its own. I took a few pepto and watched Tv untill 6 am that night ( morning I guess).

some nights can be rough. I'm sure if you give it time it will pass. can you burp ( or fart?) haha I know its gross but it helps!

if you have any pepto on hand that might settle things down too!

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

It's worse when I lay down. My stomach feels hot, does that make sense? It's not hearburn, I don't know what it is. I am now scared that it is a sv. God I hate this. I can't get comfortable. I just keep picturing myself getting sick. Everytime I go to the bathroom I keep thinking what if I have to v*, will I be able to? what will it feel like? I can't get these obsessive thoughts out of my head. I can just totally see myself getting sick, I am scaring myself.

are you confusing hotness with cramps? I know sometimes cramps can feel that way...?

No, it doesn't hurt or anything, it literlly feels like my stomach is hot. I can't describe it. It feels like everything it churning, and it feels all hot inside. Like a burning.

I'm gonna take a rolaids, do you think that will help?

I dont think you should if your nauseated. antacids can make nausea worse....

it does sound like stomach acid though. did you eat anything else spicy or acidic?

No I didn't. Last night I didn't feel all that well. When I woke up this morning I felt kinda sick I tried to eat a bagel with cream cheese and I couldn't. Then in the afternoon I couldn't eat anything. We bought steaks for dinner so I kinda felt like I had to eat, and I was a bit hungry too. We had steaks, aspargus and sweet potatos, nothing spicy. I am getting really panicy right now to. I am so scared I am ging to v*. Do you think I will? I think I might go wake Scott.

Plus it's been over 5hrs since I ate, and 2hrs since I have been feeling sick. God I am so scared...

if you are really scared then maybe you should go get someone to sit with you, you said before that he was able to relax you with a foot rub

I think it probably would have happened already, if you feel like you are going to have D, then its probably passed through your stomach and into your intestines, which is good.

it might just be stress, have you had a hard week? have you tried a soak in the tub? ( try to do something that slows you down, which i Know is hard when your anxious) but slowing down will relax you more, and relax your stomach more as well.

Thank you so much Babydoll for talking with me, you've been a big help. I just woke up Scott and we are going to play some cards to try and take my mind of things. I really appreciate you sticken with me...I am go to go now, hopefully I won't be back until I feel better.

ooh its not a problem whatsoever! playing cards is a good idea. youve got a good boy there [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

hopefully the rest of your night being better! I'll be on for a bit if you need any help! get some sleep [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Can I ask.. do you eat steak a lot Mitch? I used to eat steak & other red meats a lot when I lived with my parents & got a lot of 'burning stomach' & felt like I needed a *d. I also started to feel n*(probably from panicking about feeling bad)Its hard for a stomach to digest red meats & makes you feel sluggish & ill..

When I moved in with my partner I stopped eating red meats altogether as he is vegetarian & the burning feeling stopped! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]My partner knows when I have eaten red meat (on the sly)as I start to feel a bit ill & panicky& my stomach bubbles & I start to break wind & tell him I need to have a d*.. Thats the time he has no sympathy lol

It could be an intolerance you have to certainthings.. Coffee is alsoa biggy for me. I can't have coffee anymore [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]as I get the same symptoms as I didwith meat!

Hope you feel better soon cos I know its horrible to feel this way...

You may also want to try some gingerale because ginger is suppose to make nauseau go away.

Well I am feeling much better this morning. Thanks again Babydoll for getting me through such a rough night.

Michele

Glad u r feeling better. I hate those rough nights. Do u think u might have eaten too fast? That sometimes can make a person feel like crap.

Good to hear that you are feeling better. Maybe the food that you ate was too much for your stomach since you didn't eat much all day, I know that happens to me sometimes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.