Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

okay does anyone have a DEFINITIVE word on this...
    which of the illnessesdo you become contagious BEFORE the symptoms start..
    is it things like colds/flus? or what.

From everything I've read, colds, flus and sv are contagious before the onset of symptoms. In the cases of sv, the virus is spread via v* and d*....so if that hasn't happened to the person yet he isn't likely to infect others before his symptoms start. Does that make sense?

Yasv's are NOT contagious until there are symptoms...
    incubation period for them is usually 48-72 hours as well...
    I usually count down the hours during sv season :P

So, if I was around my MIL on Saturday, and she was totally fine, but then got sick with d* and vomiting on Sunday, I'm in the clear?? How does that work?

yeah, you're probably in the clear, it's just the way things work, sv tend to set in pretty quickly, and my boyfriend had one this weekend, i was around him the day before and about 24 hours after the last time he v*d and it's been 2 days since then and I feel fine. I'm sick with some head stuff that I caught from my mom, I spent most of the weekend with my parents b/c the two people I spend most of my time with were sick with different things, and I was trying to avoid getting sick, and I get sick anyway. Oh well at least it's jsut a head cold!

A few years ago, (I'll never forget this, I was SOOO SCARED) my bf at the timecalled me and said he was up all night feeling n* and had d*. I was with himHOURS before he felt sick, kissing him. He ended up have an sv v* included, and I didn't catch it at all. So I think that the contageousbefore theory is false.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hope so. Thanks Kellybean and Tabycat!!! Those svs are weird.