Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hello everyone. i am making this post because i have been feeling very aweful lately and i dont have anyone to talk to. being scared to v* has totally ruind my life. and over the past few years i have developed serious anxiety. i cant talk about it with my mom or my boyfriend b/c they think it is weird and dont know how to help me. the past few days i have felt very tired and i am scared that i am getting sick. i know that im most likely ok but i still cant stop. i feel very scared and lonely and i dont know what to do. i dont want to be like this anymore, im not the same person i used to be and it kills me. i just really need the support.

hi panzicatink

I wish I could make you feel better I had a very bad eoisode of emet after my second son was born it lasted a year, but all i can say too you isthat you should see your doctor and tell him how you are feeling they might surprise you some are alot more understanding than you think. Try medication if you want. It has helped me

lyndsayanne

p.s you may never be the person you were before but you will learn to cope day to day with things and be stronger for it[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

Maybe you should show your mom and boyfriend this site, let them read the information about this phobia, that way they may understand you a little better.

Listen, I totally know how you feel and it is awful when the people that you love dont understand you pain. I lived in fear just like you for a long time. Between the ages of 15 and 23. I didnt want to go in public anywhere, absolutely no long trips for the fear of getting sick, didnt want to stay at anyone elses house. I absolutely had no social life because I was so afraid of getting sick. Then I went on a trip to visit a friend that I hadnt seen in a LONG TIME. I had to fly to Cali all by myself and just for the record it was my first time flying EVER and I did it alone. I finally figured out later on that it took that trip to overcome my fear. Look, I am not saying that this is a cure and that it will definitely work for you. I am just saying that there is hope. It is almost like I had to do something totally "out there" (something i would never even think of doing) to overcome this horrible fear. Now dont get me wrong, I still get weird around people who have been sick with a sv and I still have panic attacks when I think about these things but believe me they come slim to none! I also went to therapy to understand my condition a little better and to help with my obsessive compulsivness of v*. That helped as well. So to sum it all up, my advice to you is to go and see someone, a professional. The more you understand it the more control you have over it! Also, do something that you normally wouldnt do, something totally out of the ordinary that would usually frighten the hell out of you. Take small steps though. Although it will scare you just remember that it will help you as well. Help you to overcome. It could be as simple as riding in the car for a good distance with someone. whatever it may be just do it in small doses. Good luck to you and keep me updated.

Much Love,

T

I totally understand what you mean. Living in fear all the time is very hard. It is like we are trying to predict the unpredictable, which takes up mental time and energy. The strain mentally can impact us all physically.

You have come to a safe site though because so many of us are going through similar experiences. Welcome and hope you find some peace knowing others really do understand what you are going through.

*hugs*
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You should take comfort in the fact that you are not alone in your feelings. It's a great benefit to emets to be able to share their experience with people that understand and many times are going through the same things at the same time as you are. Remember that whenever you feel sickor scared or anxious, there is someone else out there going through the same things. If your experiencing problems justjump on this site and someone will be more than willing to talkyou through things and get you feeling better.
    A special thank you to my daughter Alyssa. Your strength and courage gives me great inspiration. Where I am weak, you are strong. I will always love you.