I've been on anti-anxiety meds for years now. They really do help with the panic attacks but they in NO way have cured me from my Emetophobia. I'm not saying they don't help (Cause they do for me...MAJORLY) but just doing meds is not an answer either. Like everyone said you have to actively seek out a cure and work on it.

I mean sometimes I wish I just had a fear of Dogs cause then all I would have to do is stay away from them...(I love dogs...I don't know what I'd do without those little bundles of joy) But it would be easier to fear something like that then something that your OWN BODY does. I've been working with therapists since I was 4 or 5. I've had the phobia for as long as I can remember, but just recently over the past year or so has it gotten worse. I'm working with a therapist right now but she's just a trained counselor not a psychologist so I might have to go see someone who is trained with phobia counseling.

Anyway, you have to work at it...but you can be cured! It may seem like it's hopeless but it's not.

~Monica